Does any one have/make a jig for taking down the TF99 underlever?

Does any one have/make a jig for taking down the TF99 underlever?

June 17th, 2012, 1:08 am #1

Talked to a guy and said i needed a jig to take this gun apart. Heard that it has a plastic spring guide and I thought I'd make a couple batches of metal ones. Would be interested to see the plans or possibly buy the jig if the price was right.

Semper Fi,
Derek

June 17th, 2012, 4:55 am #2

you will need a good spring compressor to take the TF99/Qb36-2 apart. It does have a plastic spring guide. If you do decide to take the Ag apart: Watch out for the pin in the trigger and the cocking arm pin they are loose fitting and can get lost very easily. also pay attention to which way the trigger spring goes. You also may want to get a Qb36-2 kit from Mr. Archer so you can change out the leather seal and if your spring looks bent you can change it out also. I think a metal spring guide would be a great ideal for the TF99.

June 17th, 2012, 9:31 am #3

Guess I'll find out when I get it all apart. Thanks for the lead on the QB36 kit!

June 17th, 2012, 10:05 am #4

Talked to a guy and said i needed a jig to take this gun apart. Heard that it has a plastic spring guide and I thought I'd make a couple batches of metal ones. Would be interested to see the plans or possibly buy the jig if the price was right.

Semper Fi,
Derek
When I had a QB-36 I made mine out of a dowel. Drilled two holes 90 degrees apart about 2" down. Then used a saw to cut slots down to them. This created a kinda table with 4 legs that allows you to bypass the pins with the compressor. Well I think that's what I did. It was so long ago? Worked fine made from wood and I had no durability issues but if you want to make out of metal I'm sure that's great too.

June 17th, 2012, 8:09 pm #5

nt