Do you ever get worried about damaging your pellets in their storage container/tin

Do you ever get worried about damaging your pellets in their storage container/tin

May 21st, 2010, 6:25 am #1

and end up putting them either inside of 10M Match Pellet Boxes where each pellet is separated or keep them inside compartmentalized storage containers so that you can keep batches of say 10 pellets in each compartment?

Or do you just store them in bulk containers like a Tin, Pouch, etc?

Regards,

Tony

May 21st, 2010, 2:51 pm #2

When I open a new tin of JSB's, I take each one out, minutely exam it under a magnifying lamp, and wrap it individually in a soft tissue. The bent ones I return to the mfgr. for credit or exchange. It's a little work but well worth the effort. I figure I have about a $1.50/pellet cost involved. NOT!!

Back in the 'ol BR-50 days, many of us went thru' the process of sorting pellets, sizing them, and whatever else came into our tormented minds. It wasn't until we tired of that and just shot the damned things out of the tin that we begin shooting 5000's with any degree of regularity.

If you become pre-occupied with minutiea, you'll never spend time with what's important and that's learning to shoot.

HTH
John

May 21st, 2010, 3:28 pm #3

FT Matches that kept pellets separated so that there were no more than say 10 pellets batched together, have seen 100's of pellets kept in a pouch, wooden pellet boxes, pellet tins, etc....

Have even seen people transport their pellet tins inside of foam lined pistol/brief cases...Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,

Tony

May 21st, 2010, 6:07 pm #4

<p>Tony, </p><p>May not be the best way, but I just buy the things (JSB's 10.2) take a quick look at them before loading and shoot 'em. Seems to work for me, but. may be why my scores are not improving any faster. LOL Don't know why, but the JSB's are still working great in my USFT rifle.</p><p> Pat</p>

May 21st, 2010, 7:15 pm #5

I know what you mean, been doing that myself with the current JSBH's which shoot excellent in one of my rifles in ideal conditions but add some wind and things get squirrelly, especially at range...

Good to hear they work fine in your rig!

Regards,

Tony