do any of you guys feel that the market is so....

do any of you guys feel that the market is so....

February 7th, 2018, 7:50 pm #1

Flooded with different brands and models of airguns that your actually scared to even list your airguns for sale of fear of blood bath ...guess it's the nature of the beast but it certainly hurts wallet a little.

February 7th, 2018, 10:10 pm #2

I think the diversity in the market in airguns has helped to drive new prices down. Sure, you may take a hit on selling used guns, but I believe that to be the case in any hobby niche. You have to go into it realizing that you likely wont get your money back; especially if you've paid for custom work. Lots of custom work of days gone by is incorporated into new guns now as a matter of standard.

February 7th, 2018, 11:43 pm #3

Flooded with different brands and models of airguns that your actually scared to even list your airguns for sale of fear of blood bath ...guess it's the nature of the beast but it certainly hurts wallet a little.
What sort of return are you expecting, percentage-wise?

Whatever your loss is should just be considered as "rent" - you gotta pay to play breaux!

February 8th, 2018, 12:06 am #4

I think the diversity in the market in airguns has helped to drive new prices down. Sure, you may take a hit on selling used guns, but I believe that to be the case in any hobby niche. You have to go into it realizing that you likely wont get your money back; especially if you've paid for custom work. Lots of custom work of days gone by is incorporated into new guns now as a matter of standard.
As 1994-2013 was the very best New Airguns ever made,,
New things now are mostly remakes of old guns ten years ago,, The real sell is older guys getting out of the
Market to maybe new younger shooter coming up, to buy
Theoben Fenman, and other in this same market,
Also PCP will go the same way,,
Most New gun now are junk very poorly made over all,, and
Will not last 25 plus years,,

February 8th, 2018, 1:50 am #5

the new market is killing the used/older market.. who knew hatsan would have a 50 fpe bullpup coming out for 399 msrp.. and crosman would have a regulated gun for 299 , along with gauntlets selling for 245 now.. SO I agree ! its not a sellers market at all..
from a buyers perspective, I see discos for 265 and laugh , I would pay about 100 even unless it had a repeater breech.. . .. just a different economy than 2011 -2015.. BUT < BUT look at a cell phone , you know already you lost 30 % when you walk out the door , and everyone still runs to pay 900 for the latest iphone
Last edited by robnewyork on February 8th, 2018, 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 8th, 2018, 2:08 am #6

the pcp market has been getting crazy. my awesome shooting condor ss 25 will have to stay because it's a dinosaur in this market but at least I like it

February 8th, 2018, 12:18 pm #7

will hold valve better..No one is replacing the r9, r7, fwb300 and so on with a new offering from hatsan,umarex or crosman. well , not yet anyway (-:

February 8th, 2018, 2:40 pm #8

Very good point about the Springers.

The Gantlet, by the way, is nothing more than a copy of a popular HPA conversion....if you check it.

February 8th, 2018, 3:33 pm #9

the new market is killing the used/older market.. who knew hatsan would have a 50 fpe bullpup coming out for 399 msrp.. and crosman would have a regulated gun for 299 , along with gauntlets selling for 245 now.. SO I agree ! its not a sellers market at all..
from a buyers perspective, I see discos for 265 and laugh , I would pay about 100 even unless it had a repeater breech.. . .. just a different economy than 2011 -2015.. BUT < BUT look at a cell phone , you know already you lost 30 % when you walk out the door , and everyone still runs to pay 900 for the latest iphone
There were discussions on this point years ago with respect to $1,000 - $2,000 air rifles. They werent worth that much then and they certainly aren't now. As soon as corporations stepped in and incorporated the designs into their new products, the price for similar performance came down. These are still pellet guns after all.

February 8th, 2018, 4:52 pm #10

Very good point about the Springers.

The Gantlet, by the way, is nothing more than a copy of a popular HPA conversion....if you check it.
they didn't have to do any research , its been going on for many years.