Dish or Direct TV? Who's the Best ??

Dish or Direct TV? Who's the Best ??

July 16th, 2012, 2:25 am #1

Ladies & Gentlemen, if your in an area where both services are available who's your choice? thanks R

July 16th, 2012, 3:00 am #2

I have had DISH 4 10 years with no problems,I like their simple remote.

July 16th, 2012, 3:42 am #3

Ladies & Gentlemen, if your in an area where both services are available who's your choice? thanks R
Went and turned on AMC tonight to watch the season Premier of Breaking Bad and out of 250 channels of crap only one was out. Yep... AMC.

I have a local hillbilly outfit called QCOL that just sucks. I actualy have Fiber Optic cable fed tv... But their feed comes in on a set of large dishes up here on the mountain. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't have at least one problem with them or my reception. I have many complaints. Do you believe no on demand...

I'll be paying atention to this post because I'll be switching to one of these outfits ASAP...

July 16th, 2012, 4:19 am #4

and never a problem. It just works rain or shine.

Adam in SoCal
AKA WalkOnKing
http://www.airgunartisans.com/AAAdamVigil.htm
http://www.talonairgun.com

July 16th, 2012, 10:26 am #5

Dish is in a dispute with AMC over prices.
DirecTV just had all Viacom channels blacked out over a price dispute.

I have had DirecTV for 10 years with no complaints, of the channels that were dropped (Comedy Central, MTV, TV Land, BET, Spike, VH1, Nickelodeon, etc.) I only watched TV Land.

If you do decide to go the DirecTV route I'll give you my account number, use it when ordering, and we will both save $10 a month for 10 months.

July 16th, 2012, 12:18 pm #6

I have not had Direct TV but I have been impressed with Dish. They have good customer service. We had one of the Digital Cable services for awhile and their customer service was horrible.

Like someone else said, both services seem to be in battles with different content providers. I think we have the top 200 package. It aggravates me when they pull channels off my package and add them to a more expensive package. But, I am going to stay with the top 200 package.

David Enoch

July 16th, 2012, 1:03 pm #7

Dish , well pleased . nt

July 16th, 2012, 1:38 pm #8

I've been with Dish 13 years, no problems.

July 16th, 2012, 3:42 pm #9

Before I went to satellite I had cable but when I moved to my current address, I compared Dish and Directv with cable and ended up going with Directv. I had the full package then but years later when I had caught up with most of the movies, I dropped the movie channels and went with just the basic package.

Since then, Dish has had some pretty interesting offers so a couple of years ago I compared packages from each company but elected to stay with Directv. Several of the channels in Directv's basic package that I watch would require an added package in Dish's offerings.

I record almost everything I watch (including local channels) and absolutely love the ability to fast forward through those d**** commercials.

I believe both services are quite similar in quality so compare channel selection per package on both services and make your choice.

July 16th, 2012, 5:27 pm #10

I have not had Direct TV but I have been impressed with Dish. They have good customer service. We had one of the Digital Cable services for awhile and their customer service was horrible.

Like someone else said, both services seem to be in battles with different content providers. I think we have the top 200 package. It aggravates me when they pull channels off my package and add them to a more expensive package. But, I am going to stay with the top 200 package.

David Enoch

<p>rather, lack there of,  is why I dropped them. </p><p>DirecTv's CS has been exemplary.</p><p> </p>

dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab

the Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning
Southwest Montana's headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy
Proud Sponsor of team_subsonic