Discovery's back ...

Discovery's back ...

March 6th, 2008, 3:33 am #1

looks like it has a new barrel. This one has a clean looking crown that looks better than a couple older crosman barrels I also looked at. The crown cut is deeper and appears polished under a magnifier:) I mounted a new scope, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. The good folks at Crosman threw in some nice freebies, a CO2 fill adapter, the elusive de-gassing tool, and a hat. Cool.

March 6th, 2008, 7:45 pm #2

the bolt flops when fired they replaced my barrel as well. No extra goodies in my box. Mass production tolerance stack up can be a trouble.

March 6th, 2008, 8:12 pm #3

didn't notice the bolt flopping open. Will pay closer attention this weekend when (hopefully) I'll get to sight it in.

March 8th, 2008, 12:27 am #4

The new barrel is crap eats orings....I did get it to seal with a one size larger 006 oring backed by rubber bands wrapped around it real flat string but on the lower end of 800s with 14.3 CP

I voided the warranty with the barrel bolt detent and I ripped it aprat like 4 timea today...swapping bolts and such hoping one was longer.

If the bolts starts to flop around sent it right back again. Email me
Last edited by critter99 on March 8th, 2008, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

March 8th, 2008, 3:16 am #5

must be some problem with the breech end of the barrel, not machined correctly? Since you've had the barrel out, see any burrs or sharp edges inside the breech? Out of curiosity I took a closer look at the breech and bolt on my Disco and a couple of other steel-breech crosmans. The other guns all have slightly loose bolts, you can grab the handle and wiggle them a bit in the breech. The Disco doesn't do this, it's bolt fits snugly in the breech, no wiggle at all. It doesn't come open either.

March 8th, 2008, 5:02 pm #6

I would love to see some shot strings with a good lock up and seal.

March 10th, 2008, 6:58 pm #7

The new barrel is crap eats orings....I did get it to seal with a one size larger 006 oring backed by rubber bands wrapped around it real flat string but on the lower end of 800s with 14.3 CP

I voided the warranty with the barrel bolt detent and I ripped it aprat like 4 timea today...swapping bolts and such hoping one was longer.

If the bolts starts to flop around sent it right back again. Email me
I found out when experimenting on poly tube port sizing that if the tube was too small a blast of air was felt at the loading port. You don't want one to large either.

March 10th, 2008, 7:50 pm #8

must be some problem with the breech end of the barrel, not machined correctly? Since you've had the barrel out, see any burrs or sharp edges inside the breech? Out of curiosity I took a closer look at the breech and bolt on my Disco and a couple of other steel-breech crosmans. The other guns all have slightly loose bolts, you can grab the handle and wiggle them a bit in the breech. The Disco doesn't do this, it's bolt fits snugly in the breech, no wiggle at all. It doesn't come open either.
nicer finish at breech end this barrel is a reject....