Discovery question

Discovery question

May 17th, 2012, 10:08 pm #1

My sons .22 Disco became very difficult to cock the other day, so I pulled her apart to take a look. In between the bolt and the hammer pin was a (slightly mangled) plastic part that was causing the problem. "Aha" I thought. I'll just go to the crosman website and get a part # from the disco schematic.

Problem: this little white plastic piece does not appear on the schematic! I bought the rifle used, so I'm wondering if its an aftermarket part. The bolt moves freely now that its removed, but it will not cock!

I'd really appreciate any info, advice I can get on this. Thanks!

Brian

..if I had money, they'd call me "eccentric"

May 17th, 2012, 11:54 pm #2

The white plastic part you found is a hammer debounce device that stops the hammer from striking the valve stem after the shot and waisting air. I think there is more of this small part that you have not removed. A drop of lube was needed on this part every hundred shots to keep it working properly. I have one in my .22 Disco along with a air control unit installed so I get 80+ shots from every refill at about 620 fps. Look up Airguns of Arizona and check custom Disco parts to see these parts.

May 18th, 2012, 12:32 am #3

My sons .22 Disco became very difficult to cock the other day, so I pulled her apart to take a look. In between the bolt and the hammer pin was a (slightly mangled) plastic part that was causing the problem. "Aha" I thought. I'll just go to the crosman website and get a part # from the disco schematic.

Problem: this little white plastic piece does not appear on the schematic! I bought the rifle used, so I'm wondering if its an aftermarket part. The bolt moves freely now that its removed, but it will not cock!

Brian

"pulled her apart". no cocking pin, no cocking. if you removed the action from the stock, make sure the safety pin is installed, common problem when removing the action, failure to put the safety pin keeps the gun from cocking.

Buster
\\\ X ////
one step closer to the ultimate goal

May 18th, 2012, 10:57 pm #4

Brian

Thanks guys. I suspected the plastic part was a de-pinger, but couldn't figure out why it wouldn't cock after I removed it. You were correct, the action was still out of the stock and I didn't bother to re-install the safety before attempting to cock it. Problem solved!

Thanks again,

Brian