Discovery air tube on a 2400 carbine

Discovery air tube on a 2400 carbine

March 6th, 2010, 11:40 pm #1

I've ordered a complete Discovery air tube (stock internals) to install on my Crosman 2400 carbine in 22cal with 24" barrel. Is there anything special I need to do to the rifle or is it pretty much a bolt together project?? This may have been asked before but I am fairly new to airgunning and couldn't find any definate info on the search. Thanks for any help.

QB78 Deluxe Rich from Mich tuned
crosman 2240 custom shop
QB79 Rich from Mich tuned
QB2078 mike melick tuned
22cal stock Marauder 3/5/2010

March 7th, 2010, 1:28 am #2

Disco valve, striker, striker spring, transfer port etc.? Then performance should be about the same as a Discovery, and the two should bolt together just fine.

(Am going to assume a steel breeched 2240 carbine).

If using some 2240 parts, be aware:
1. Some steel Crosman breeches use the old breech screw location, and those that do also use the old striker. New striker has a circular cut out to allow for the new breech screw's location.
2. There seems to be a difference in striker springs between the discovery and the 22XX guns.

March 7th, 2010, 4:00 am #3

I ordered the complete assy fron Pacific Pellet to install on a one month old custom shop 2400 carbine with the long steel breech and 24in barrel. I received an email from them this AM and the tube is assembled and aired up to check for leakdown over the weekend. Comes with valve, fill cap, hammer, springs and rear cap. The only thing I did not order was the guage as I already have one to install, they are just going to plug the port hole.
I received my Marauder (from Pyramyd Air) and my FX hand pump (bought off yellow classified) both on friday and am waiting for the hose and fitting that shipped today. The Marauder makes the 5th air rifle I have purchased since the week before X-mas, Darn this is a fun hobby. Have retired all my powder burners except a custon Ruger 10/22 I keep by the bed for varmints. I don't count my 1911 officers model cause it stays with me all the time, also love TEXAS concelled carry rights.

crosman 2240 custom shop
QB2078 mike melick tuned

March 7th, 2010, 4:07 am #4

...should go together just fine.

March 17th, 2010, 6:41 am #5

I ordered the complete assy fron Pacific Pellet to install on a one month old custom shop 2400 carbine with the long steel breech and 24in barrel. I received an email from them this AM and the tube is assembled and aired up to check for leakdown over the weekend. Comes with valve, fill cap, hammer, springs and rear cap. The only thing I did not order was the guage as I already have one to install, they are just going to plug the port hole.
I received my Marauder (from Pyramyd Air) and my FX hand pump (bought off yellow classified) both on friday and am waiting for the hose and fitting that shipped today. The Marauder makes the 5th air rifle I have purchased since the week before X-mas, Darn this is a fun hobby. Have retired all my powder burners except a custon Ruger 10/22 I keep by the bed for varmints. I don't count my 1911 officers model cause it stays with me all the time, also love TEXAS concelled carry rights.

crosman 2240 custom shop
QB2078 mike melick tuned
Did the same- on 2240 platform-use adjuster to fine tune getting 22-25 shots from 2000-1000 psi-got tube and all internals from Crosman for @ $110- makes nice light carbine- mine has 16" barrel