Disco's bolt stays very loosely after closed

Disco's bolt stays very loosely after closed

t

March 26th, 2010, 9:10 am #1

My Disco is shooting fine, but since day 1 I noticed that the bolt will easily be lifted up after loading and closing it down. It even lifts up on its own after each shot... Is this a common thing with all Disco rifles?

Thanks,
Al

March 26th, 2010, 10:34 am #2

mine did the same thing until I swapped it with the shorter one that came with my 2260 steel breech kit that was on my 2260. It's kind off like a little knob instead of a bolt handle. I think the disco bolt handles are a little long and heavy at the end. However it works just fine on my 2260. Stays put, even after shots.

March 26th, 2010, 1:33 pm #3

My Disco is shooting fine, but since day 1 I noticed that the bolt will easily be lifted up after loading and closing it down. It even lifts up on its own after each shot... Is this a common thing with all Disco rifles?

Thanks,
Al
If the bolt pops open after firing, you could grind a few thousands off the rear of the bolt. That fixed mine from doing that.

March 26th, 2010, 3:29 pm #4

finding a better oring for the probe one that is just a little bigger will stiffen up the bolt handle when it's closed.I use the .22cal bolt oring on my .177 guns I put it on a punch and lightly sand it with some 600 grit wet/dry sand paper till it fits very tightly in the barrel,it help if you have an extra barrel laying around to do the sizing on but can still be done with the barrel still in the breach.Right now I have a transfer port seal for a old airmaster 77 on my .22cal disco bolt probe and it's working great nice and tight,but I picked up some larger orings from Ace that work good on my other .22cal's but have not been able to find any small enough for the .177's major reson I'm using the old .22cal oring and resizing them to fit the .177's.

Garry

t

March 26th, 2010, 10:43 pm #5

If the bolt pops open after firing, you could grind a few thousands off the rear of the bolt. That fixed mine from doing that.

March 27th, 2010, 1:07 am #6

what is happening is when the trigger is pulled the striker is released and is hitting the rear of the bolt as it is striking the valve which causes the bolt handle to pop up.Pull the bolt back and see how much space there is between the handle and the end of the slot,you can remove almost that much off the bolt but leave it long enough that it will still cock the rifle.

t

March 27th, 2010, 2:04 am #7

March 27th, 2010, 2:53 am #8

Thanks,
Al
Once you load the pellet and close the bolt, pull BACK on the down turned bolt.

There is a little slack in the system (but is still sealed by the bolt probe o-ring). Normally we'll just close the bolt and turn the handle down, pushing all the slack to the FRONT...gun fires and pushes the slack to the rear. If you remember to tug that closed bolt back to the rear, removing the forward slack, bolt may stay down and not flip up when you fire.

Doesn't work on every one of them...but it's free and you don't have to cut/file/lathe anything to find out if it works on yours.

Last edited by gubb33ps on March 27th, 2010, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

t

March 28th, 2010, 6:40 pm #9