Disco recoil

Disco recoil

March 5th, 2010, 12:27 am #1

This may be a dumb question but why is there any recoil at all on the disco when all other pcp's dont have any?

Im just curious, only thing i can think of is the hammer coming forward?

-Air Support
Airgun Hunting Blog
Free Pest Control

March 5th, 2010, 12:38 am #2

It's modest, for sure, but everything except a gun like the RWS75 or the Wizzers will have recoil backwards to match of the same momentum of the pellet going forward.....Newton says that's gotta happen.

I figure it's like the Marauder. Release the trigger and the gun goes back as the hammer goes forward, then it goes forward when the hammer hits, then back again as the pellet goes up the bore. I find if I don't put a little bit of back pressure on the stock it seems to come off my shoulder at just the wrong instant by a bit and the groups open up. Sitting on bags you don't notice it.

The Discovery, being lighter, should have even more recoil velocity.

Doug Owen

March 5th, 2010, 2:08 am #3

i was just curious as i have shot a rapid before and felt little to no recoil if i remember right but with my disco it is a lot more noticeable but then again the rapid weighed more for sure.

-Air Support
Airgun Hunting Blog
Free Pest Control

March 5th, 2010, 9:04 pm #4

it's almost nothing. I shot my tuned R9 this morning,and it was impossible to follow the pellet to the target,through the scope. The recoil on the Mrod almost cancels itself out,many think it's "recoiless",but there is some movement during the shot cycle,not much though! Ron