Disco Brought Me Back !!!

Disco Brought Me Back !!!

August 5th, 2010, 10:57 pm #1

I have been out of the Airgun hobby for about 5 years now. I was sitting around one afternoon a month or so ago and decided to look up some info on the latest airguns. After searching for a few minutes I found the Benjamin Discovery I was really into Crosman CO2 guns before I sold everything and got away from the hobby but this PCP gun really caught my attention. So the next day I ordered a .22 Cal Discovery so three or four days pass I call the wife from work to see if my package was there and sure enough it was. I rushed home the shipping box perfect not a mark opened that and the Benjamin Box perfect opened that and couldn't believe it when the stock was broken in half right behind the receiver. Not exactly the welcome back to Airguns I was looking for.

I didn't bother contacting the web site I ordered the gun from I called Crosman direct and spoke with Jan in customer service she assured me no worry's she would get a new stock shipped ASAP. The next morning (Friday) I had a email from Jan telling me she had to work her magic but a new stock would be there today. All I can say is when I came home later that day I was a little hesitant to open the box I was afraid I would get a ugly stock or something wouldn't be right but much to my surprise the stock was not only perfect it looked a 1000 times better than the original stock. I received a beautiful High Grain Walnut Gem!

A half hour later I had the New Stock & New Scope I purchased on the gun and was off to the old homestead to sight my new beauty in. The first 10 shots were shooting low and right but not bad groups for a gun not broken in. By the time I left my Mom's house I was shooting 5 shot groups you could cover with a dime at 35 yards. I am excited to be back into the hobby I really have missed it I am also excited about the Products my favorite Gun Company Crosman is putting on the market these days. I just wanted to share this story time to go out and shoot a few rounds. One last thing can't wait to go pick up my new NSPP .22cal I ordered at the local gun shop tomorrow Uh Oh here I go again feels just like yesterday! Thanks for reading Tim A

August 5th, 2010, 11:08 pm #2

I just shot a few rounds through mine at 36 measured yards in gusty wind. Three went into the same hole and the other two opened it up to almost 1/2" because one caught a gust and one went through a leaf I could not see....OOPS.
I want the wind to calm down....maybe later tonight.

August 6th, 2010, 9:38 pm #3

I have been out of the Airgun hobby for about 5 years now. I was sitting around one afternoon a month or so ago and decided to look up some info on the latest airguns. After searching for a few minutes I found the Benjamin Discovery I was really into Crosman CO2 guns before I sold everything and got away from the hobby but this PCP gun really caught my attention. So the next day I ordered a .22 Cal Discovery so three or four days pass I call the wife from work to see if my package was there and sure enough it was. I rushed home the shipping box perfect not a mark opened that and the Benjamin Box perfect opened that and couldn't believe it when the stock was broken in half right behind the receiver. Not exactly the welcome back to Airguns I was looking for.

I didn't bother contacting the web site I ordered the gun from I called Crosman direct and spoke with Jan in customer service she assured me no worry's she would get a new stock shipped ASAP. The next morning (Friday) I had a email from Jan telling me she had to work her magic but a new stock would be there today. All I can say is when I came home later that day I was a little hesitant to open the box I was afraid I would get a ugly stock or something wouldn't be right but much to my surprise the stock was not only perfect it looked a 1000 times better than the original stock. I received a beautiful High Grain Walnut Gem!

A half hour later I had the New Stock & New Scope I purchased on the gun and was off to the old homestead to sight my new beauty in. The first 10 shots were shooting low and right but not bad groups for a gun not broken in. By the time I left my Mom's house I was shooting 5 shot groups you could cover with a dime at 35 yards. I am excited to be back into the hobby I really have missed it I am also excited about the Products my favorite Gun Company Crosman is putting on the market these days. I just wanted to share this story time to go out and shoot a few rounds. One last thing can't wait to go pick up my new NSPP .22cal I ordered at the local gun shop tomorrow Uh Oh here I go again feels just like yesterday! Thanks for reading Tim A
I bought a .177 and a .22 a couple of years ago when they first came out. Great performing rifles. I've since moved the .177 along to a young man that wanted to be able to hunt with his uncle, but I still have my .22. It is one of my favorite tree squirrel hunting rifles. Especially when I want to travel light. Any furball inside of 70 yards is in deep trouble. It isn't shiny, but man does it shoot.

August 6th, 2010, 10:09 pm #4

I am waiting for September 15th that is when Squirrel season opens in Michigan. I lucked out in the looks department the replacement stock they sent looked way better than the original that came broken. I ended up with a very nice walnut stock with a beautiful grain. It had to be hand picked from there friends and family pile. I saw a new Disco at a local shop today and I hate to say it but the stock was butt ugly no grain looked like a real sloppy job I had a better looking stock on a QB from Mac 1 and that was nothing to write home about. I was kinda shocked if Crosman wants to sell guns that say made in the USA they shouldn't look like the Disco I saw.

I picked up a new Remington/Crosman .22 NPSS and I really hope I am getting more for the extra I payed over the Benji version that's made in China. I have heard mixed opinions from the Remington is a nicer build to there is no difference. I like the looks of the matt finish on the Remington Barrel compared to the finish on the Benji. But the Benji they had on display had a much nicer looking stock than there Disco. I really hope Crosman is giving us more for our money on there US guns than a simple stamp saying Made In The USA.

August 7th, 2010, 3:44 pm #5

changed from using walnut stocks later in production...mine is an earlier version with the walnut stock...purchased thru MAC 1 about 2 1/2 years ago.

August 7th, 2010, 9:31 pm #6

I love Crosman Airguns before I quit the hobby 90% of my guns were Crosman. I think they should use Walnut Stocks still on the nicer guns. On the back of the box for my Disco it says Walnut Stock and mine that arrived broken was clearly not Walnut. But I am happy to say the replacement is Walnut and very nice they treated me very well at customer service. But when I go to a gun shop and see a new Disco setting next to a Marauder it is not even close in the stock dept and I think it should be. There was a Hardwood Benji Trail setting next to them and that stock looked much nicer than the Disco and then shouldn't be the case. I support Crosman I just picked up a new Remington NPSS .22cal and payed more than a China made NPSS I hope I see and feel the difference when I go out to shoot it for the first time tonight. I will say fit and finish looks nice I went with the Digital Camo. Happy Shooting to All. Thanks Tim A

August 8th, 2010, 3:50 pm #7

My 12 year old daughter has her own Discovery and she has no trouble keeping up with my AAS410 or my Edgun. She shoots groups at 30 yards that I would be very proud to call my own. On Friday we were out shooting and she was hitting paint balls at 30 yards with very few misses.

August 8th, 2010, 4:36 pm #8

Welcome back, and nice buy. Enjoy

August 8th, 2010, 5:27 pm #9

My 12 year old daughter has her own Discovery and she has no trouble keeping up with my AAS410 or my Edgun. She shoots groups at 30 yards that I would be very proud to call my own. On Friday we were out shooting and she was hitting paint balls at 30 yards with very few misses.
Yes there great guns and sounds like your daughter is a great shot too. I was afraid when I came back to the hobby that I wouldn't be happy with the newer Crosman guns but there really making some nice guns. I sighted in my new REM/CROS .22 NPSS yesterday and was really pleased with that gun as well. Very tight groups at 30 yards and that was with Crosman Prem HP pellets. And I love the fact the gun makes very little sound I hope they keep up the good work. My only concern is like they did with the Disco sending nicer Walnut stocks when the gun first came out and now the newer ones are not very pretty. They really need to be careful that kind of thing can bite you in the butt. I am the type of buyer that I really want to buy American when I can but I do expect the quality to be better for two reasons number one it's made in the USA and number 2 it costs more. But again I tip my hat to Crosman there putting out some nice products and they do have great customer service. Thanks for reading Tim

August 8th, 2010, 5:29 pm #10

Welcome back, and nice buy. Enjoy
Thanks for the welcome back I am really excited to be back! Lookout Squirrels her I come Sept 15th!