Disco Bipod Help

Disco Bipod Help

June 14th, 2012, 4:50 pm #1

I recently made the jump into PCPs and purchased a Disco. Im interested in attaching a bipod but not thrilled about drilling holes into my stock. I was thinking about mounting a small section of Weaver Rail from the bottom set screw of the barrel band. Ive seen the brass barrel bands with dovetail bottoms, but not sure if brass is the look Im going for. Do you think this will work? Is the barrel band strong enough? Any thoughts or other ideas would be appreciated.

June 15th, 2012, 9:56 am #2

Is really easy. I was worried at first but it's not as bad as you think. The front one was easier than the rear, just practice with a piece of scrap. You can do it , cheaper too use the money for a better bipod
Take Care,
Don

June 20th, 2012, 3:22 pm #3

I recently made the jump into PCPs and purchased a Disco. Im interested in attaching a bipod but not thrilled about drilling holes into my stock. I was thinking about mounting a small section of Weaver Rail from the bottom set screw of the barrel band. Ive seen the brass barrel bands with dovetail bottoms, but not sure if brass is the look Im going for. Do you think this will work? Is the barrel band strong enough? Any thoughts or other ideas would be appreciated.
An alternative to drilling and attaching a bipod to the Disco is to use something like a Caldwell Deadshot Fieldpod. You can see them on Amazon among other places. It cradles the gun in two spots; it's light weight; it folds down and can be carried with a sling. It's not a gun vise, but it could be used on a table top with its legs all the way in or using a folding chair with its legs all the way extended. It's a good option to have for hunting from a blind or in an open field where there are no trees to lean on. The cost is around $90. I can send you a picture if you want with my .22 Discovery on it.