Dirty baffles

Dirty baffles

May 6th, 2010, 12:24 pm #1

I got my Marauder 22 about 2 months ago but have only been able to shoot it in the last 2 weeks. It shoot excellent out of the box without any cleaning or adjustments. Then it started shooting wild.I cleaned the barrel and helped for a short while. I then checked the baffles and found them very dirty with what looked like a grasey lead dust. I cleaned them and it seems to be back to shooting OK. I have only shoot about 600 discovery pellets thru it. Are these baffles going to need constant cleaning?
Jim

May 6th, 2010, 12:59 pm #2

Totally normal, mine was the same way after about the same number of 18.1 JSBs. Polishing the bore and some different ammo may reduce the amount of dust. This is the reason they're called "lead dust collectors".

May 6th, 2010, 2:12 pm #3

I got my Marauder 22 about 2 months ago but have only been able to shoot it in the last 2 weeks. It shoot excellent out of the box without any cleaning or adjustments. Then it started shooting wild.I cleaned the barrel and helped for a short while. I then checked the baffles and found them very dirty with what looked like a grasey lead dust. I cleaned them and it seems to be back to shooting OK. I have only shoot about 600 discovery pellets thru it. Are these baffles going to need constant cleaning?
Jim
should i just use hot soapy water to clean my baffels or is there some other way to do it?

Thanks

May 6th, 2010, 3:09 pm #4

Mine wiped clean with paper towels because of the oil mixed with it.