DIFTA

DIFTA

-bp

June 19th, 2011, 12:21 am #1

sorry i don't have results, except that ed canoles took 1st place in hunter, a-team ray was 1st in his class, and my car broke down as i arrived there, which kind of spoiled my day. it's still there--please don't go and strip it for parts.

thanks to andy stevens, who not only pushed me into the lot, but drove me ALL THE WAY HOME to bealeton, which is pretty far out of his way.

there were 26 shooters there, including 3 youngsters, who were a great addition to the match and we hope they'll come back often.

phil dean has done well by us all, and we all hope you'll come to next month's match, (july 16 i think) which will be the MD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FT MATCH.

we are seeking prize donations from individuals, companies, corporations, wealthy politicians, government agencies or stray animals.

i will start the pot by donating a few thousand pellets from my vast collection. these are NEW, UNUSED pellets! still factory sealed!

Phil had to rush off right after the match to help eat a pig, however he'll likely see to it that the results are posted as soon as he gets time.

a-team ray advised that all kill zones at NERFTC will be full size--without reducers. any shooters who want smaller kill zones may move back a few yards or remove their corrective lenses. he also encourages everyone to register and attend. i do too. i don't think my car is gonna make it.

y'all stay well,

-bp

June 19th, 2011, 12:51 am #2

A few of us grabbed a couple pics i'll put my 3 or 4 up later.

I met some new folks, had a good time chatting with everyone and shot fairly well (for my second hft match) and just flat out enjoyed the day.

Bill, thanks for the encouragement to do this and partnering with me the past two shoots. You exude a calm that contributed greatly to my comfort level while trying something new.

Good luck with your car!!
Jeff D

June 19th, 2011, 2:12 pm #3

sorry i don't have results, except that ed canoles took 1st place in hunter, a-team ray was 1st in his class, and my car broke down as i arrived there, which kind of spoiled my day. it's still there--please don't go and strip it for parts.

thanks to andy stevens, who not only pushed me into the lot, but drove me ALL THE WAY HOME to bealeton, which is pretty far out of his way.

there were 26 shooters there, including 3 youngsters, who were a great addition to the match and we hope they'll come back often.

phil dean has done well by us all, and we all hope you'll come to next month's match, (july 16 i think) which will be the MD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FT MATCH.

we are seeking prize donations from individuals, companies, corporations, wealthy politicians, government agencies or stray animals.

i will start the pot by donating a few thousand pellets from my vast collection. these are NEW, UNUSED pellets! still factory sealed!

Phil had to rush off right after the match to help eat a pig, however he'll likely see to it that the results are posted as soon as he gets time.

a-team ray advised that all kill zones at NERFTC will be full size--without reducers. any shooters who want smaller kill zones may move back a few yards or remove their corrective lenses. he also encourages everyone to register and attend. i do too. i don't think my car is gonna make it.

y'all stay well,

-bp
It is what it is, because it is!!!

June 19th, 2011, 3:44 pm #4

y'all stay well,

-bp
Some shot's of the DIFTA match.

This gentleman standing next to Andy Stevens in the white shirt and glasses was part of a group that shot off hand all day. He scored a 37 which I think was phenomenal!

<div>
web counter</div>

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin --

Take out the "(trash)" to respond
Last edited by owldo on June 19th, 2011, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2011, 4:39 pm #5

June 19th, 2011, 4:40 pm #6

This gentleman standing next to Andy Stevens in the white shirt and glasses was part of a group that shot off hand all day. He scored a 37 which I think was phenomenal!

<div>
web counter</div>

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin --

Last edited by gregc107 on June 19th, 2011, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 19th, 2011, 4:49 pm #7

<div>
web counter</div>

It was a real pleasure shooting with you, Al. What a great day. I hope we can do some more shooting together sometime.

-Jan
Last edited by batguano on June 19th, 2011, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 20th, 2011, 1:01 am #8

<div>
web counter</div>

I would love to shoot with you guys sometime.

....maybe when I retire I will get to travel the country and shoot at all these neat places.

Best regards,
Mark

June 20th, 2011, 1:23 am #9

y'all stay well,

-bp
I sure hope you get a couple of hours to kick back on Father's Day.

Folks, my 5-year-old and I dropped by the range for some plinking today and ran into Bill and his mechanic. Looks like it's a bum fuel pump: the kind that's buried deep in the fuel tank. When I last saw Bill, he was driving back home.... in the passenger seat of a flatbed wrecker.

Bill, your mechanic is obviously a good guy and all, but seeing his wheels had me fighting the urge to make a Click and Clack quip about boat payments, boat shoes, etc.

-Jan

-bp

June 20th, 2011, 1:36 am #10

he has far less than you and i do, but happened upon a string of good fortune that can only be attributed to good karma. maybe 'carma.'

i'll tell you a long story next time

stay well,

-bp