DIFTA Match this Saturday (June 9)

DIFTA Match this Saturday (June 9)

June 6th, 2012, 5:58 am #1

We will have our monthly match this coming Saturday. Registration and range setup will start around 8:30 a.m. The sight-in range will open only when all the lanes are ready for the match. At 9:45 we will have the mandatory shooters meeting and at 10:00 we will start the match.
I'm planning a 72 shots match and evaluating the possibility of breaking the ties by counting the number of hits with the first shot at each target. There will be some standing shot and, maybe, some other forced position or a rapid fire lane.

See you there!

Paolo

PS I see some discussion going on about rangefinding using mildots: the wooden boards on which our targets are mounted and the concrete blocks on which are located are 8 in wide. There you are a reference for all the targets except the tree-mounted ones.

-bp

June 7th, 2012, 7:53 pm #2

as a tiebreaker. makes sense.

do you think we can see a fair amount of the boards or concrete blocks? i know they have a standard 8" dimension, but some are down pretty low.

i guess for a first try, they don't all have to be perfect. we'll see what we can do with what we've got. maybe no one with bother using them. time will tell.

i still like the idea of posting a 'standard height' enemy soldier next to each target. we could pay them off in cookies.

stay well,

-bp