DIFTA Match Results

DIFTA Match Results

February 13th, 2017, 2:16 am #1

It looks like that, for a few shooters the match in North Carolina was not enough and wanted to shoot a few more targets. Therefore, considering that the weather forecast was calling for fair weather, we agreed to organize an ad-hoc match at DIFTA today.
Unfortunately, we experienced an extreme case of Maryland weather unpredictability and, in less than a day the forecast moved from less than 40% probability of up to .1" of rain and temperatures well into the sixties to 95% chances of up to .5" of rain and temperature in the low fifties.

This morning, ten shooters showed up for the match, despite temperatures in the low-mid forties and significant rain (I guess we got at least 1"). Due to the mutated weather conditions, it was decided to move twenty targets from the regular lanes to the sight-in range and we shot a 40 shots match with targets arranged in four lanes of 5 targets each.

I cannot provide the statistics of the course difficulty but I estimated roughly at 26-28T

Disgusting performance of Mike Harris, who almost cleaned the course.

Everybody had a good time and, by the time we were done and the grill fired-up, it had stopped raining altogether.

Here are the results:

<table border="1"><tr><th>Shooter</th><th>Rifle</th><th>Scope</th><th>Pellet</th><th>Division/Class</th><th>Score</th></tr><tr><td>Michael Harris</td><td>Steyr LG110 .20</td><td>Sightron 10-50x60</td><td>JSB 13.43 .20</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">39</td></tr><tr><td>Chris Corey</td><td>Steyr LG110</td><td>March X 8-80</td><td>JSB 13.4</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">34</td></tr><tr><td>Dennis Todd</td><td>Steyr</td><td>Sightron 10-50x60</td><td>JSB Monsters 13.34</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">28</td></tr><tr><td>Al Otter</td><td>USFT #16</td><td>March X 8-80</td><td>CPH</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">27</td></tr><tr><td>Keith Knoblauch</td><td>Steyr LG110 FT</td><td>Leupold 35 Comp.</td><td>JSB 8.4</td><td>WFTF PCP</td><td align="right">38</td></tr><tr><td>Paolo Amedeo</td><td>Marauder XL</td><td>Leapers 8-32x56</td><td>CPL</td><td>WFTF PCP</td><td align="right">24</td></tr><tr><td>Dean Mihalovits</td><td>TM1000 .20</td><td>Sightron 10-50x60</td><td>JSB 13.73</td><td>Unlimited</td><td align="right">36</td></tr><tr><td>Mark Mayer</td><td>Daystate Air Wolf .22 (20ft lb)</td><td>Sightron SIII FT 10-50x60</td><td>JSB 16gr</td><td>Unlimited</td><td align="right">28</td></tr><tr><td>Curt Hathaway</td><td>HW97</td><td>Hawke 3-12x50</td><td>JSB 10.3</td><td>Hunter</td><td align="right">23</td></tr><tr><td>Vince Sempronio</td><td>Marauder</td><td>Hawke 8-32x56</td><td>AA 8.4</td><td>Hunter</td><td align="right">16</td></tr></table>

Paolo & Jan
Last edited by pamedeo on February 13th, 2017, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 14th, 2017, 12:53 am #2

Mike and Knobs are on it ! You guys have to use slingshots for 2017 so the rest of us can catch up. Great shooting all and braving the elements!
FWIW Mike Harris has cleaned a course before. He cleaned DCFSA in hunter. I was there.

February 14th, 2017, 1:28 am #3

You shoulda took my offer up to use one of my spring guns. Then 10 of us coulda had froze toes.

You can't pass up camraderie like that!

Knobs
Last edited by Knobs on February 14th, 2017, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 14th, 2017, 1:33 am #4

It looks like that, for a few shooters the match in North Carolina was not enough and wanted to shoot a few more targets. Therefore, considering that the weather forecast was calling for fair weather, we agreed to organize an ad-hoc match at DIFTA today.
Unfortunately, we experienced an extreme case of Maryland weather unpredictability and, in less than a day the forecast moved from less than 40% probability of up to .1" of rain and temperatures well into the sixties to 95% chances of up to .5" of rain and temperature in the low fifties.

This morning, ten shooters showed up for the match, despite temperatures in the low-mid forties and significant rain (I guess we got at least 1"). Due to the mutated weather conditions, it was decided to move twenty targets from the regular lanes to the sight-in range and we shot a 40 shots match with targets arranged in four lanes of 5 targets each.

I cannot provide the statistics of the course difficulty but I estimated roughly at 26-28T

Everybody had a good time and, by the time we were done and the grill fired-up, it had stopped raining altogether.

Here are the results:

<table border="1"><tr><th>Shooter</th><th>Rifle</th><th>Scope</th><th>Pellet</th><th>Division/Class</th><th>Score</th></tr><tr><td>Michael Harris</td><td>Steyr LG110 .20</td><td>Sightron 10-50x60</td><td>JSB 13.43 .20</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">39</td></tr><tr><td>Chris Corey</td><td>Steyr LG110</td><td>March X 8-80</td><td>JSB 13.4</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">34</td></tr><tr><td>Dennis Todd</td><td>Steyr</td><td>Sightron 10-50x60</td><td>JSB Monsters 13.34</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">28</td></tr><tr><td>Al Otter</td><td>USFT #16</td><td>March X 8-80</td><td>CPH</td><td>Open PCP</td><td align="right">27</td></tr><tr><td>Keith Knoblauch</td><td>Steyr LG110 FT</td><td>Leupold 35 Comp.</td><td>JSB 8.4</td><td>WFTF PCP</td><td align="right">38</td></tr><tr><td>Paolo Amedeo</td><td>Marauder XL</td><td>Leapers 8-32x56</td><td>CPL</td><td>WFTF PCP</td><td align="right">24</td></tr><tr><td>Dean Mihalovits</td><td>TM1000 .20</td><td>Sightron 10-50x60</td><td>JSB 13.73</td><td>Unlimited</td><td align="right">36</td></tr><tr><td>Mark Mayer</td><td>Daystate Air Wolf .22 (20ft lb)</td><td>Sightron SIII FT 10-50x60</td><td>JSB 16gr</td><td>Unlimited</td><td align="right">28</td></tr><tr><td>Curt Hathaway</td><td>HW97</td><td>Hawke 3-12x50</td><td>JSB 10.3</td><td>Hunter</td><td align="right">23</td></tr><tr><td>Vince Sempronio</td><td>Marauder</td><td>Hawke 8-32x56</td><td>AA 8.4</td><td>Hunter</td><td align="right">16</td></tr></table>

Paolo & Jan
they came a hella long way to get half rained out.

Knobs

February 14th, 2017, 1:49 am #5

Here are the results:

Paolo & Jan
even after being up all night in the bathroom. Good thing Virginia has put wake up strips on the center line. I used them quite a few times that morning. LOL!!! Congrats to Mike & Knobs for shooting lights out !!! I decide to go for consistency & shot about as so-so as I did on Saturday. Hopefully I used up all of my crappy shots before we head to Puerto Rico on Thursday. looking forward to the next match @ DIFTA. Paolo great job for a crappy weather day !!!

February 16th, 2017, 12:34 pm #6

You shoulda took my offer up to use one of my spring guns. Then 10 of us coulda had froze toes.

You can't pass up camraderie like that!

Knobs
You guys are hard core shooters. Love it !