Did the HW77 ever come with a factory walnut stock?

Did the HW77 ever come with a factory walnut stock?

May 16th, 2012, 6:23 pm #1

Reason I ask is that I found one from a guy who advertised it as such and the pics are not clear enough for me to tell about the grain in the wood. I do notice that the comb is higher than any of the 77 stocks I have had. Looks more like a 97 stock, but I do not know if they have ever been produced with walnut factory stocks either.
I had never heard of one adn thought someone here would know.

May 16th, 2012, 7:04 pm #2

If you are looking at the same rifle I am, that stock is NOT walnut, clearly it is beech.

May 16th, 2012, 7:13 pm #3

Searching the yellow classifieds yielded zip.

May 16th, 2012, 11:09 pm #4

Reason I ask is that I found one from a guy who advertised it as such and the pics are not clear enough for me to tell about the grain in the wood. I do notice that the comb is higher than any of the 77 stocks I have had. Looks more like a 97 stock, but I do not know if they have ever been produced with walnut factory stocks either.
Happy Shooting!

Ed, The Airgun Tune-Meister

"We can rebuild the squirrel. Make him stronger, faster...We have the technology"---Skyler M.

May 16th, 2012, 11:20 pm #5

a Tyro stocked version but never a walnut version.

peterdragin@charter.net

May 17th, 2012, 1:21 am #6

Searching the yellow classifieds yielded zip.
Same family as the 335/333. I have one. Kind of a 333 in a 335 stock. A pretty nice gun in the 250-300 dollar range at most.

May 17th, 2012, 3:21 am #7

They are few and faw between. I have held one with a factory Walnut stock and only seen one other. tim

I would rather die, than give you control.
In memory of the hero's on flight 93.
"Let's Roll".

May 17th, 2012, 1:32 pm #8

This one is also intersting in that it has what looks to be the HW97 front.. whatever it is that makes the 97 cocking lever design. It's like that.

In other words, if this action is factory stock, then this rifle also never came or meant to be equipped with factory open sights. Since there's no place to even mount sights, I'm guessin it's factory.

Harv

May 17th, 2012, 1:36 pm #9

palm swell checkering, if that's the right way to say it.

My very best shooting with this rifle was five shots under half a dime at thirty yards off a front Calwell rest. I've come close many times but never quite duplicated that day.

Harv