Diana ZR mounts will be available in July,

Diana ZR mounts will be available in July,

April 22nd, 2014, 10:07 pm #1

by special order through Ct Custom Airguns.

There are 4 models:

Picatinny - 1"
Picatinny - 30 mm's

Dovetail - 1"
Dovetail - 30 mm's

ALL are drooped.

In Europe, cost is 139-00 (VAT Incl). Here, we will put them at US$100 + Sh.

Go to page 2 of this flyer:
http://www.diana-airguns.de/fileadmin/p ... YE_eng.pdf

We will close the special order on April 30th (a week from now) with whatever requests I have received by EMail till that date. We need time to pay UMAREX and they will need to pay Diana.

So far there are 12 mounts on order, so we have reached the 10 units MOQ.

UMAREX tells me they are NOT planning on keeping these mounts as inventory units. They may change their opinion later, but at this time, these will be a special "bespoke" item.

Think it over and let me know by EMail.

Thanks for your interest.

April 22nd, 2014, 10:24 pm #2

For example, I'm curious to know:
1) How does this mount work to absorb recoil?
2) Is it designed just for the sled system on the 54, or could this mount benefit other recoiling rifles?

Thanks,
HookEm

April 23rd, 2014, 2:50 am #3

1) We all know that springers have a DOUBLE recoil. And we all know that it is the FORWARD recoil, and vibrations thereof, what kills the scopes.
When the rig is at rest, in battery position, the spring carries the scope to its rearmostpoint. When the piston starts to move, the whole rifle moves back, this creates a space between moving section and fixed section of the mounts.
When the rifle's piston reaches the end of the travel, the two halves of the mount are no longer rigidly in contact, so the piston can stop the rifle's rearward motion and even propel it forward a bit and the scope will not "feel it".
The spring and return to battery mechanisms are slower than the recoils of the gun, so by the time everything has settle down, the rifle returns to its original position.

2) It is designed for ALL springers. The 54 will be the one that benefits the most, but there are good, economical scopes out there that can now be used in springers without risking destruction.

HTH

April 23rd, 2014, 11:08 am #4

There are 4 models:

Picatinny - 1"
Picatinny - 30 mm's

Dovetail - 1"
Dovetail - 30 mm's

ALL are drooped.

We will close the special order on April 30th (a week from now) with whatever requests I have received by EMail till that date. We need time to pay UMAREX and they will need to pay Diana.

UMAREX tells me they are NOT planning on keeping these mounts as inventory units. They may change their opinion later, but at this time, these will be a special "bespoke" item.

No text

April 23rd, 2014, 2:09 pm #5

but IIRC from the original specs and drawings, it is really 0.004" / 1" or about the same droop that BKL D7's, RWS LockDowns, and UTG rails have.

And it is no coincidence.

If you do the geometry for a perfectly centered and straight barrel in an action with a LOS height of about 1.6" (4 cms.), this is the "droop compensation" you need to be dead on at about 11 yards (10 meters).
This is the case for almost all break barrels that have the transfer port in the upper section of the compression chamber.
Rifles with centered barrels will have considerably higher LOS heights.

Which, again, is not terrible: For 2.4" (6 cms) LOS heights it should be dead on at 16.5 yards (15 meters), which yields a second zero of about 35 yards or 32 meters shooting at 800 fps.

HTH

April 23rd, 2014, 2:57 pm #6

1) We all know that springers have a DOUBLE recoil. And we all know that it is the FORWARD recoil, and vibrations thereof, what kills the scopes.
When the rig is at rest, in battery position, the spring carries the scope to its rearmostpoint. When the piston starts to move, the whole rifle moves back, this creates a space between moving section and fixed section of the mounts.
When the rifle's piston reaches the end of the travel, the two halves of the mount are no longer rigidly in contact, so the piston can stop the rifle's rearward motion and even propel it forward a bit and the scope will not "feel it".
The spring and return to battery mechanisms are slower than the recoils of the gun, so by the time everything has settle down, the rifle returns to its original position.

2) It is designed for ALL springers. The 54 will be the one that benefits the most, but there are good, economical scopes out there that can now be used in springers without risking destruction.

HTH
http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474/t ... oil+mount-

April 24th, 2014, 9:41 am #7

but IIRC from the original specs and drawings, it is really 0.004" / 1" or about the same droop that BKL D7's, RWS LockDowns, and UTG rails have.

If you do the geometry for a perfectly centered and straight barrel in an action with a LOS height of about 1.6" (4 cms.), this is the "droop compensation" you need to be dead on at about 11 yards (10 meters).
This is the case for almost all break barrels that have the transfer port in the upper section of the compression chamber.

Which, again, is not terrible: For 2.4" (6 cms) LOS heights it should be dead on at 16.5 yards (15 meters), which yields a second zero of about 35 yards or 32 meters shooting at 800 fps.

HTH
as I never took it in school but I have gotten two of the UTG drooped rails and it says it will give you 10" of up at 30 yards which I think is a lot. I am figuring that I may have to shim the front a bit. I will know more this weekend as I will be calibrating the sidewheels and shooting them for the first time with the new set ups. Thanks for the info.

April 24th, 2014, 4:33 pm #8

HTH
Wouldn't that be more droop than .004"/inch?

Jeff P

April 25th, 2014, 1:29 am #9

There are 4 models:

Picatinny - 1"
Picatinny - 30 mm's

Dovetail - 1"
Dovetail - 30 mm's

ALL are drooped.

I would like to hear about your results with that rifle and this mount.

April 25th, 2014, 1:35 pm #10

I have on order one of each.

Given that we know that AEON and Bushnell scopes hold zero in CCA WFTF D-54's; and Vortex Diamondback's hold zero at 20 ft-lbs, changing JUST the mount seems like an ideal way of testing whether the original design and prototyping was respected in the production runs.

Same rifle, pellet, scope, shooter, day. Change the mount and see what happens. Sounds simple, ¿no?