Diana 240 Classic....... Thanks, you bloody enablers ! LOL

December 2nd, 2017, 3:17 pm #1

Well... Pyramyd's $149.99 w/ free shipping deal and my $15 in Bullseye Bucks will bring the little rifle to my door for $135.

I'll be testing it right away and shining a flashlight into the slot to see how it's machined. If it looks/shoots poorly, it's going back to PA. I don't mind doing a spring-end polish and lube tune, or barrel de-droop, but don't want another major project. I already have 3 motorcycle projects in queue this winter and don't want do a lot of re-work on a 240.

If it's a sweet shooter, I'll be pretty happy with the deal.

December 2nd, 2017, 4:45 pm #2

$149.99 is a good price, IMO. But with the free shipping and your Bullseye Bucks, you got a pretty good deal. I think when I got mine they were going for around $179 (a 34 was only about $50 more, lol). But at that time you could use the 10% off coupons for one, too. Can't use those now that they're being sold under the Diana brand instead of the RWS label.

I hope you get a good one! But even if it does have grooves in the spring cylinder like mine, don't worry about it too much. Just look at them like I do, as lube retention grooves, lol. It's the compression chamber that really matters. And mine was nicely finished there. And if you're like me and don't like fiber optic sights, the little Hawke or BSA 2-7x32 scopes are a good fit on it.

Oh, and be sure to give the JSB RS or AA Falcons a try. Mines loves those pellets, especially the Falcons. And the AA Express are pretty good, too.

Jim in SWMO

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

December 2nd, 2017, 9:58 pm #3

Well... Pyramyd's $149.99 w/ free shipping deal and my $15 in Bullseye Bucks will bring the little rifle to my door for $135.

I'll be testing it right away and shining a flashlight into the slot to see how it's machined. If it looks/shoots poorly, it's going back to PA. I don't mind doing a spring-end polish and lube tune, or barrel de-droop, but don't want another major project. I already have 3 motorcycle projects in queue this winter and don't want do a lot of re-work on a 240.

Last time I looked, $109 to your door. Remarkable little gun, really!

December 3rd, 2017, 11:23 pm #4

You bought a Chinese based Diana Springer, and if doesn't meet past Diana quality control you're sending it back. You could buy a 1984 Dodge Caravan with a Mitsubishi Hemi engine. Do you expect it to be a 1969 hemi roadrunner?

December 3rd, 2017, 11:23 pm #5

You bought a Chinese based Diana Springer, and if doesn't meet past Diana quality control you're sending it back. You could buy a 1984 Dodge Caravan with a Mitsubishi Hemi engine. Do you expect it to be a 1969 hemi roadrunner?

December 4th, 2017, 12:16 am #6

On the 8th day, God created the 69 Hemi Roadrunner !!!!!!!!! nt

December 4th, 2017, 12:26 am #7

Far as I know the 240 Classic is made by Diana in Germany. I got mine in 2011 and it's stamped made in Germany. But maybe Scott will let us know how his is stamped when he gets it. FWIW, Longbow bought one earlier this year and he said that his was stamped "DE 2016". The "DE" stamping is an abbreviation for Deutschland and means that it's a product of Germany, according to a European gun law which requires the country of origin to be stamped on guns.

But Diana's new model "250" looks like it might be made in China. It has the safety in the trigger guard like a Crosman or Gamo springer does. Check out page 25 of the 2017 Diana catalog to see what the "250" looks like.

https://www.diana-airguns.de/fileadmin/ ... g-2017.pdf

Edit: The guy in this YouTube video says that the new model "250" is made in China. But it looks like the production version has a T05/T06 style safety instead of the one pictured in the Diana catalog which is in the trigger guard. Scroll down in the comments and read the comment by "Cheap Shot" and the OP's reply to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqHJqYzau-I

Jim in SWMO

"You've come far, pilgrim."-------"Feels like far."
"Were it worth the trouble?"-----"Ah, what trouble?"

December 4th, 2017, 12:54 am #8

December 4th, 2017, 12:55 am #9

December 4th, 2017, 1:06 am #10

"Better" would be nice....but if it is as good, would be enough.