Depinger

Depinger

March 26th, 2010, 2:53 pm #1

I'm getting ready to install my Dan B Depinger. I'm also trying to get a Greg Davis extension. So if I install the depinger now I'll have to recenter it when I install the extension.

To make that easier I ran a 7/16 tap through it to enable threading a bolt into it to pull it back. The bolt would need to be at least 9 inches long or better which I believe I can get at the hardware store but I might just pick up a length of threaded rod that would more than do the trick.

What has anyone else tried for "retrieval"? Was there something easier? I happened to have some tap and dies from my engine building days so at least it didn't cost me.

Bob
I live in a State of Confusion (Jersey)

March 26th, 2010, 4:04 pm #2

nt

March 27th, 2010, 2:29 pm #3

I'm getting ready to install my Dan B Depinger. I'm also trying to get a Greg Davis extension. So if I install the depinger now I'll have to recenter it when I install the extension.

To make that easier I ran a 7/16 tap through it to enable threading a bolt into it to pull it back. The bolt would need to be at least 9 inches long or better which I believe I can get at the hardware store but I might just pick up a length of threaded rod that would more than do the trick.

What has anyone else tried for "retrieval"? Was there something easier? I happened to have some tap and dies from my engine building days so at least it didn't cost me.

Bob
Installed it last evening. Not hearing the ping when I shot I thought that the gun was low on air or something!!

Thanks Dan B!!

Bob

March 28th, 2010, 12:32 am #4

<p>Nice job on the tapping, I'm betting you probably won't have to move the depinger, placement isn't too critical, but now you're ready just in case.</p><p>Regards,</p><p>DanB</p><p> </p><p> </p>

March 29th, 2010, 12:14 am #5

I was antsy to put the Depinger in without the extension so I tapped it in only 6 inches instead of 8. I figured I'd be 2 inches off center (and I'd be happy with whatever results were gained) but when I installed the extension I'd only be a negligible 1 inch off and not have to bother moving it. Being 2 inches off center I was thrilled with the results so I know being 1 inch off after I install the extension won't be an issue at all as to its effectiveness.

Thanks again!
Bob

Bob