Crossman Premier vs Crossman Premier HP

Crossman Premier vs Crossman Premier HP

December 27th, 2009, 7:21 am #1

My Mac1 prepped marauder loves CP 14.3grn pellets. I blew through the first box and was thinking of trying the HPs since they are half the price. I don't want to sacrifice accuracy but it would be nice if they shoot just as good. Anyone compared these 2 pellets? I want to use PA's buy 3 get one free so I can get the best deal.

December 27th, 2009, 5:45 pm #2

Same weight and shoot the same in mine

December 27th, 2009, 7:27 pm #3

My Mac1 prepped marauder loves CP 14.3grn pellets. I blew through the first box and was thinking of trying the HPs since they are half the price. I don't want to sacrifice accuracy but it would be nice if they shoot just as good. Anyone compared these 2 pellets? I want to use PA's buy 3 get one free so I can get the best deal.
the box of crosman pellets come from one dye so they are more consistant weights .. the tins are from multiple dyes so they will vary more .. you wont notice much difference unless you are shooting past 40 yards or so .. hope this helps

December 27th, 2009, 8:46 pm #4

Every mrod is different...mine doesn't like CPHollowPoints.
My observations on the CPHP is that they loose their punch and wander at long distances.
So, for example, if I shoot out at 50 yards...the CPHP drops down quicker than the CPDomed.
Also, the POI is different between the CPHP and CPDomed.
Try the CP Ultra Magnum .22 (domehead) that come 500 to a tin, sold at AoA for $6.95 a tin. They are the same as CPDomes boxed, except they are not die sorted. They shoot awesome in my mrod .22, and they are cheap!!! I stocked up bigtime on those babies, you never know when the price is gonna go up. Sometimes they go out of stock, but within a few weeks at most, they'll have new stock. I think they are gaining popularity as an cheap substitute to the CP boxed pellets. I cant find the ultra magnum .22 anywhere else other than at AoA. While you cant get the buy 4 get 1 free thing, like at Pyramyd...the cheap cost at AoA makes up for it. Try to beat 2000 Ultra Magnum .22 pellets for 28 bucks plus shipping
I dont work at AoA nor am I affiliated with them, but I sure do know a deal when I see one!!!

December 28th, 2009, 2:28 am #5

head diameters to me. The Discovery labeled .22s fit snug in my HW springers.

December 28th, 2009, 2:51 am #6

Every mrod is different...mine doesn't like CPHollowPoints.
My observations on the CPHP is that they loose their punch and wander at long distances.
So, for example, if I shoot out at 50 yards...the CPHP drops down quicker than the CPDomed.
Also, the POI is different between the CPHP and CPDomed.
Try the CP Ultra Magnum .22 (domehead) that come 500 to a tin, sold at AoA for $6.95 a tin. They are the same as CPDomes boxed, except they are not die sorted. They shoot awesome in my mrod .22, and they are cheap!!! I stocked up bigtime on those babies, you never know when the price is gonna go up. Sometimes they go out of stock, but within a few weeks at most, they'll have new stock. I think they are gaining popularity as an cheap substitute to the CP boxed pellets. I cant find the ultra magnum .22 anywhere else other than at AoA. While you cant get the buy 4 get 1 free thing, like at Pyramyd...the cheap cost at AoA makes up for it. Try to beat 2000 Ultra Magnum .22 pellets for 28 bucks plus shipping
I dont work at AoA nor am I affiliated with them, but I sure do know a deal when I see one!!!
Do these have more consistent fit then the premier HP? How are they at 50yards?

December 28th, 2009, 6:12 am #7

I never did like the way the CP hollowpoints fit into my springers.
The Ultra Magnums are just like the regular domeheads. They've got a consistent fit in all my gunz.

They do great out at 50 yards with my mrod behind em!!! The groundsquirrels can't hide!!!

December 28th, 2009, 5:24 pm #8

the CPHP's I think...I've compared them side by side, mic'd and weighed them and they're identical as far as I can see...and cheap...lol.

They shoot the same POI as the boxed CP's, and shoot just as good out to 50yds for me....

s/f

Jamie