Crossman 1100 shotgun help with leak

Crossman 1100 shotgun help with leak

September 4th, 2011, 3:00 am #1

when I pierce the powerlet nearest the stock, gas goes down the barrel until gun is cocked. Any ideas?

September 4th, 2011, 1:30 pm #2

You have a leaking exhurst valve! put a few drops of crosman oil down the tube you put the co2 bulbs in, dry fire the gun a few times and let the gun stand on its stock but for a few hours and come back an put in one co2 bulb and one empty bulb in. Cock and fire the gun a few times to move the oil around inside the chamber until all the gas is released. Come back and put in too new co2 bulbs and cock and fire several times to see if it holds gas, if not, you will have to have valve stem replaced.

September 4th, 2011, 4:10 pm #3

when I pierce the powerlet nearest the stock, gas goes down the barrel until gun is cocked. Any ideas?
Cock the gun first. Thats how the gun is designed.

Pacific Airgun Expo
email: pae@pacificairgunexpo.com

September 4th, 2011, 4:28 pm #4

The inner powerlet is pierced by by pulling the trigger. Then it leaks until I re-cock. This happens each time I fire. Any ideas?

September 4th, 2011, 6:26 pm #5

Either too strong a hammer spring or too weak a valve spring. Has anyone been inside the gun and done any work? Sounds like it was an attempt for more power with a heavier hammer spring. My two and a half cents.

Tom

"What, me worry?"

"If I were two faced would I be wearing this one?" - Abe Lincoln

September 4th, 2011, 6:52 pm #6

Dave Gunther worked on it several years ago and it came back very nice with a good bit more power, It started going off just last year. Maybe the valve spring weaked in time.