crosman quest or gamo shadow

crosman quest or gamo shadow

January 29th, 2007, 2:07 am #1

Hello.First of all,I am fairly new to adult air guns.My last was a Crosman pistol about 20 years ago.Recently I bought a Crosman Quest 1000 and while it seems to be a decent gun,it is lacking something.I realize that I can purchase a Gamo Shadow 1000 for about the same price and am wondering if it is worth my time and money or if the Gamo is that much more of a rifle.Any opinions?

January 29th, 2007, 4:31 am #2

If you can get past that glitch then what ever you prefer I 'spose.
Walter..

January 30th, 2007, 12:07 am #3

I have a Quest that I like a lot. Out of the box I took out a sparrow at over 50 yds.

Plus I like the wood stock.

January 30th, 2007, 3:06 am #4

Hello.First of all,I am fairly new to adult air guns.My last was a Crosman pistol about 20 years ago.Recently I bought a Crosman Quest 1000 and while it seems to be a decent gun,it is lacking something.I realize that I can purchase a Gamo Shadow 1000 for about the same price and am wondering if it is worth my time and money or if the Gamo is that much more of a rifle.Any opinions?
at Academy, I believe the Spanish Gamo is a better quality springer.

January 30th, 2007, 3:16 am #5

I think the Gamo and Quest share the same parts. Looks to be the same power plant and barrel configuration. And I don't think that particular Gamo is made in Spain or the US, it is outsourced somewhere I believe.

I have also had bad luck with synthetic stock having one shatter in my hands.

Since they share the same parts and the Quest comes with a scope and is about $50.00 cheaper I would stick with the Quest.

I am having a full barrel shroud, and tune done on mine which should make it more consistent and quieter than a BB gun.

January 30th, 2007, 6:42 am #6

at Academy, I believe the Spanish Gamo is a better quality springer.
Crosman wins for customer support and parts availability.
Walter...

January 31st, 2007, 8:56 pm #7

I bought a Quest from Walmart, I just couldn't get the gun to group very well with a scope on it. I tried different scopes and rings but it still wouldn't group, maybe I just got a bad one. I ended up taking it back.

I found a Gamo 890S Hunter at Cabelas on sale for $109.00 with a BSA 3X12 50mm scope. They say that this gun has the same power plant as the S1K. After cleaning and mounting the scope I found this gun would shoot one hole groups at 25 yds.

Like I said maybe I just got a bad gun with the Quest but from my experiance I think the Gamo is a better rifle.

Bill