Crosman Katana from PA

Crosman Katana from PA

November 6th, 2009, 1:56 am #1

November 6th, 2009, 2:30 am #2

for the Disco, errrr, I mean Katana...http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Benjamin_Katana/2012
Last edited by MB-BOB on November 6th, 2009, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2009, 5:11 am #3

You sir are correct - Thank you - NT

November 6th, 2009, 5:27 am #4

I'd rather spend an extra $100 bucks and buy the Marauder.
I hope they sell the stock separately inn the future.
Trigger guard is freaking ugly!!!

November 6th, 2009, 4:14 pm #5

Notice how they conviently left the "weight" out of the specs.

Where is the SHROUD everyone has been asking for?.

Crosman left off the most important and requested upgrade.

No shroud, no sale.

And no, I don`t want to buy the Crosman Elephant.

Bummer.
Last edited by boohoo9 on November 13th, 2009, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2009, 5:01 pm #6

closer to the Marauder price. Seems geared for hunters or match shooters and not suburban back yards. Might find a niche and sell quite a few.

Not to me... I'm in the would rather have a Marauder camp. Especially at this price point.

For some quite is nice but not critical - delivering a fast moving heavy pellet to the KZ is all that counts to hunters. These folks should find the Katana attractive as an more comfortable and more accurate choice over the Disco and lower price than the Marauder. Assuming it is more comfortable and more accurate.

November 6th, 2009, 6:32 pm #7

I too agree, it's likely to be 'just the ticket' for some shooters even if not to my (or others) liking.

Just imagine what would have happened if Crosman had put a shround on it.....can you hear the 'who needs a single shot Marauder' flames? I can.......

Doug Owen

November 6th, 2009, 7:25 pm #8

is that it's too loud. #2 is the trigger. They should have added a breach riser piece & shrouded the barrel, added the MDR trigger & kept the same Disco stock & added a MDR like butt pad & maybe an new bolt design. Just my 2 cents.

Aloha
Now go out & shoot!

November 6th, 2009, 9:02 pm #9

November 6th, 2009, 9:13 pm #10

is that it's too loud. #2 is the trigger. They should have added a breach riser piece & shrouded the barrel, added the MDR trigger & kept the same Disco stock & added a MDR like butt pad & maybe an new bolt design. Just my 2 cents.

Aloha
Now go out & shoot!
I think you may have intended to reply to Boo? Both Mach-1 and I seem to think is a good gun for someone else.

Some folks are OK with loud. I think, frankly, most of the 'Discovery is too loud' complaints are coming from folks with no real experience with PCPs.....they can all be kinda loud at 20 fpe without treatment.

And I still think that if Crosman had done as you suggest and added a riser and shroud, the Marauder trigger (to cover 'the number 2 problem') and dressed up the stock some, there would be nay sayers right there with 'where's the mag' and the like.

Not to mention those who won't like any price (maybe short of free).

The sad fact is it's all a compromise. You really can't please all the people all the time. The goal, I think, remains to please enough of the people to make a reasonable profit.

Doug Owen