Couple of Mrod-mods...

Couple of Mrod-mods...

February 22nd, 2017, 6:24 am #1

I didn't care for all the bulk on the pistol's grip, nor the light color of the wood...

[/img]

WGRS-54 on the Plinkster. Looks like it's made for it. It needed slight fitting of the base to fit the rail. Had to trim the front sight to get it to hit to point of aim at the mid-range of the rear sight's elevation though...

[/img]

Next up - Trigger over-travel stops for both.

Ordered another pistol + Plinkster stock, bolt handle, trigger blade and guard to make into a carbine. Should be here this week.
Last edited by Victor3 on February 22nd, 2017, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2017, 3:02 pm #2

Plinkster top end (bolt, barrel breech, sights) on the targetmaster tube, then stuck in a neatly cutdown plinkster/varmit stock.

Almost exactly like a crosman.....180 maybe? that short, single cart tube model. OH, those were sweet looking guns.

Good luck, and God bless,

Farmer

February 22nd, 2017, 5:15 pm #3

I didn't care for all the bulk on the pistol's grip, nor the light color of the wood...

[/img]

WGRS-54 on the Plinkster. Looks like it's made for it. It needed slight fitting of the base to fit the rail. Had to trim the front sight to get it to hit to point of aim at the mid-range of the rear sight's elevation though...

[/img]

Ordered another pistol + Plinkster stock, bolt handle, trigger blade and guard to make into a carbine. Should be here this week.
I've been waiting to hear back from Mrod re replacement/repair parts but have gotten no reply, and that's the ONLY thing holding me back from getting a pistol and Plinkster. So are you saying they're selling you just the stock, trigger, guard, etc? If so, how about other parts like trigger group, valve, seals, etc.- are they also available?

And IMHO your modded stock looks SO MUCH better!
Last edited by cobalt327 on February 22nd, 2017, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 22nd, 2017, 8:34 pm #4

Plinkster top end (bolt, barrel breech, sights) on the targetmaster tube, then stuck in a neatly cutdown plinkster/varmit stock.

Almost exactly like a crosman.....180 maybe? that short, single cart tube model. OH, those were sweet looking guns.

Good luck, and God bless,

Farmer
I have a 180, so my new creation will be a little different. I've thought about mounting one of my Crosman 400 uppers to the 180 and cutting the barrel, but never got around to it.

It's nice that these Mrod things are so modular; one could put together a few cool configurations. And now I don't need to cut up two classic Crosmans to get what I want.

February 22nd, 2017, 8:39 pm #5

I've been waiting to hear back from Mrod re replacement/repair parts but have gotten no reply, and that's the ONLY thing holding me back from getting a pistol and Plinkster. So are you saying they're selling you just the stock, trigger, guard, etc? If so, how about other parts like trigger group, valve, seals, etc.- are they also available?

And IMHO your modded stock looks SO MUCH better!
He sold me the parts I wanted, but maybe only because I talked to him on the phone and said that I'd be tacking them onto an order of other stuff.

I bought another pistol, an M-10 (now only $269 shipped, BTW) and a pump at the same time.

February 22nd, 2017, 11:03 pm #6

i saw that yesterday.. A guy threw a 30 cal barrel on it bone stock and was getting 800 fps with 45 grains.

March 9th, 2017, 11:02 pm #7

[/img]

[/img]

Getting there...

[/img]

March 12th, 2017, 3:35 am #8

thats really cool.. the stock is off the plinkster??how hard is it shooting?

March 13th, 2017, 5:59 pm #9

Yes, plinkster stock, trigger assembly and bolt handle. I lowered the comb and shaved off the cheek rest in order to lighten it up and make it more peep sight friendly. Going to put another Williams on it like my plinkster.

Haven't put it over the chrono yet. Plenty enough FPE for walk in the desert hunting grasshoppers (which is what I had in mind for an excuse to build it, lol).

Hope to have it done this week.

March 15th, 2017, 1:05 am #10

start a new thread when done