Could this be true?

Could this be true?

lhd

February 7th, 2017, 2:49 am #1

I was investigating a product made in Czechoslovakia and decided to call an old friend who was familiar with their Airgun-related products.

I was shocked and saddened to see an Obiturary saying Mr Boris M. Plesinger died November 4, 2016.

I'd known Boris for decades. It was he that intro'd me to the fine Brno and Tau airguns, as well as all of us to the fine JSB brand of pellets.

He was always cheerful and helpful, and I didn't talk to him often enough lately I guess. I bought some pellets from him seemingly just last spring, and some CZ hammer forged barrels the year before. One of the true gentlemen of Airgunning!

Perhaps there is some mixup in the name, but if not, I'll miss him.

Larry Durham

February 7th, 2017, 5:26 pm #2

He's always been very helpful, and put up with my small (quantity) orders of JSB pellets until it became obvious (to me) those orders were more trouble to him than they were worth. For once I agree with you LD, VERBATIM, "He was always cheerful and helpful, and I didn't talk to him often enough".

February 9th, 2017, 2:33 am #3

I was investigating a product made in Czechoslovakia and decided to call an old friend who was familiar with their Airgun-related products.

I was shocked and saddened to see an Obiturary saying Mr Boris M. Plesinger died November 4, 2016.

I'd known Boris for decades. It was he that intro'd me to the fine Brno and Tau airguns, as well as all of us to the fine JSB brand of pellets.

He was always cheerful and helpful, and I didn't talk to him often enough lately I guess. I bought some pellets from him seemingly just last spring, and some CZ hammer forged barrels the year before. One of the true gentlemen of Airgunning!

Larry Durham
I bought a few items from him and spoke to him several times on the phone. He seemed like a very nice and genuine fellow and honest as the day is long about what he was selling. I am saddened to hear of his passing and my thoughts go out to his family now. The Airgun Community has indeed lost a good man. So very sad.

Pete

February 9th, 2017, 3:00 am #4

Larry Durham
Bought my first PCP from Boris I believe, pellets out the kazoo and spent many hours on the phone chatting about airguns. I must agree with LD too, very well said. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

Paul

February 9th, 2017, 7:14 pm #5

Larry Durham
with a real gentleman. Bori has always treated me as his best customer... even though we're such a small re-seller. His friendly customer service and willingness re-tune or restock guns, or to search thru pallets of pellets for old lots was beyond "good customer service".. that's being a good friend to a stranger. You become friends with Bori from the first hello. His cheerful, albeit heavily accented greeting, welcomed you beyond description.

I'll miss him and the airgun world will miss him even more.

Enjoy the other side Bori.. many of us are not far behind, so get the course ready up there:-)

Wayne Burns