Congrats to Guy O. for some Fine Rifle AND Pistol shooting today!!!

Congrats to Guy O. for some Fine Rifle AND Pistol shooting today!!!

October 10th, 2010, 2:24 am #1

The FT Machine won Rifle, dropping only 3 shots from what I hear and tied for 1st place in Pistol FT with Ernie O. aka 220 Swift in the wind today, I hear there were 10 - 12mph winds!!!

Hee Hee, looks like Ernie is getting dialed in with his Pistol, good on you Ernie!

Riz, keep shooting that USFT, I really think its da gun to be shooting for you, only a few shots behind Guy is great, 2nd place is a fine showing!!!

Jim and Jim, I hear ya guys shot PFT, Hunter Style, good on you, keep it up...can't wait to hear more...

Regards,

Tony

October 10th, 2010, 5:02 pm #2

Hi Tony,
We missed you. We had a great day even with the wind, which was the worst we've had at a match so far. The two Jim's struggled with the wind but we learned a lot (don't shoot in the wind:-)

Guy was getting prep'd for the nationals next weekend and I think he is ready. Whatever gun he picked up he was deadly with. WFTA, Pistol or Quigley he shot them all well. Watching him shoot the 12fpe Styer in that wind was really an education.

Ronnie was nice enough to let everyone shoot his "new" old Blue Streak at the Quigley buckets and we had a blast. That rile is amazing for a 40 year old rifle that has never been serviced. I think Riz was the king of the Quigley shoot with his Crosman pumper. When the dust settled I think he had the most hits of everyone.

And Ernie and his twin cylinder "Robo" pistol tore em up in PFT. He has that thing dialed in now and he is deadly with it. Riz was nice enough to let Jim and Jim use one of his pistols and we had a lot of fun shooting our first PFT match.

The weather, other than the wind, was perfect and everyone had a great time. Thanks Ronnie for putting on a great match and sharing like you do.

Jim in Sacramento

October 10th, 2010, 5:36 pm #3

to provide sustainance for everyone to survive the long day! Yup, the story on that Flat Top Rocker Safety Sheridan is that Joe, one of MAC1's customers that I had talked with in the past over his USFT that was for sale, boy do I regret not getting it, came to the CA State FT Match to meet me and see if I was interested in it. Given that I brought 2 classic sheridans to the match to give to Tim to service, I had to be practical and tell Joe that I already have those 2 being fixed plus others at home, so I passed on the info. of the Sheridan being available for sale.

I hear Riz won the Quigley Bucket Shoot with his old Crosman Model 1 Multi Pump Rifle with a Service Rifle Grade Trigger breaking around 5lbs, lol!!!

Apparently he's had that a while, since he lived in an apartment across the bay, years ago...apparently the original owner bought it because he couldn't afford a Benjamin/Sheridan at the time. He tried to make it keep up with Riz's R1 at the time by overpumping it, eventually tried to see if he could destroy it by overpumping it and clearly it withstood the abuse!

I hear Ernie was amazingly accurate with Riz's rifle as well, despite the trigger.

We'll see, I'll try and make it next time, have some new guns, barrels, pellets I need to test for Windy Conditions...Missed you guys too, keep at it with the HFT and PFT, if you have any questions, you know how to get a hold of me...

Regards,

Tony

October 10th, 2010, 7:56 pm #4

The FT Machine won Rifle, dropping only 3 shots from what I hear and tied for 1st place in Pistol FT with Ernie O. aka 220 Swift in the wind today, I hear there were 10 - 12mph winds!!!

Hee Hee, looks like Ernie is getting dialed in with his Pistol, good on you Ernie!

Riz, keep shooting that USFT, I really think its da gun to be shooting for you, only a few shots behind Guy is great, 2nd place is a fine showing!!!

Jim and Jim, I hear ya guys shot PFT, Hunter Style, good on you, keep it up...can't wait to hear more...

Regards,

Tony
the Nationals.... MAY YOU ALL DO THE BEST YOU CAN DO!!!

Wacky Wayne,
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

October 10th, 2010, 8:38 pm #5

kz's on the course, things were kicked up a notch to help him get ready for Nationals...excellent marksmanship with Rifle and Pistol, he is a FT Machine!!!

Regards,

Tony

October 10th, 2010, 9:33 pm #6

Hi Tony,
We missed you. We had a great day even with the wind, which was the worst we've had at a match so far. The two Jim's struggled with the wind but we learned a lot (don't shoot in the wind:-)

Guy was getting prep'd for the nationals next weekend and I think he is ready. Whatever gun he picked up he was deadly with. WFTA, Pistol or Quigley he shot them all well. Watching him shoot the 12fpe Styer in that wind was really an education.

Ronnie was nice enough to let everyone shoot his "new" old Blue Streak at the Quigley buckets and we had a blast. That rile is amazing for a 40 year old rifle that has never been serviced. I think Riz was the king of the Quigley shoot with his Crosman pumper. When the dust settled I think he had the most hits of everyone.

And Ernie and his twin cylinder "Robo" pistol tore em up in PFT. He has that thing dialed in now and he is deadly with it. Riz was nice enough to let Jim and Jim use one of his pistols and we had a lot of fun shooting our first PFT match.

The weather, other than the wind, was perfect and everyone had a great time. Thanks Ronnie for putting on a great match and sharing like you do.

Jim in Sacramento
It was amazing watching all of these veteran shooters shoot in the wind. They all did so well. My two shooting partners, Riz and Jim C. were extremely helpful. In fact everybody was sharing advice. Slowly I am staring to figure this out. Thanks Riz for the use of your pistol. Now I'm hooked on HPFT also. I can't wait for my pistol to get back from Mac 1 so I can bring it next time. Thanks Ronnie for another great shoot. I'm so glad you started this club. Also, good luck to Guy at Nationals. See all you guys next time. Jim R. (Rubes)

October 10th, 2010, 11:39 pm #7

experience and skills enabled him to adjust and drop the targets. Good to hear you are liking the pistol shooting, with the opened up port and a longer barrel, your pistol will be humming along!

Regards,

Tony

October 10th, 2010, 11:42 pm #8

Regards,

Tony
I'm glad Guy and I did not have a shoot off , I am 2 and 0 with that
and we know odds are not good for losing a 3rd time , right

great shoot ,I am one with the pistol now after having it in pieces the night before
I change the scope the valve spring and installed a very small restricted plug in the fastflow port
to make it more or less regulated ,seems to be working
than ran some numbers on it before the shoot with hold over /under at some targets ,than went for it.
dropping 2 in a 24 shot course with the last 4 shots in the hot seat with Guy right behind me knowing that if i miss one I drop to 2nd
talk about pressure

Man was that wind blowing good for the rifle shoot, strongest I've seen it yet

now to dial in that rifle
Swift

October 11th, 2010, 1:00 am #9

Not much of a betting man myself!

What fpe level you have the pistol at now? You only dropped 2 shots in PFT, that's awesome!!! You are definitely dialed in!

Get that rifle dialed in, sort some pellets and tear it up next match!

Regards,

Tony