Club/State awards at the "Western States Championships".. so form your teams

Club/State awards at the "Western States Championships".. so form your teams

September 13th, 2011, 1:53 pm #1

... I'm thinking we can only have 3 person teams, since some clubs may only be able to bring 3 members... If a club can send six, then, they can form two teams. There would be 1st place for the teams in Rifle FT, Pistol FT and Bench Rest. Also, team Triathlon, where each team member picks there best score in any class from those three disciplines for a potential of 100 from each, or 300 would be a perfect score from each member, and 900 for the three person team.

What do ya think? Want to play teams too? Should I order the awards?..

Wacky Wayne
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range

September 13th, 2011, 3:22 pm #2

...for team prizes! That way the winners could share the weatlh with the also rans! I will volunteer to do quality testing on the prizes

Jim in Sacramento

September 13th, 2011, 4:07 pm #3

shoots too. The Micro Brews will only be part of the list of prizes... some might think the best part:-)

Wacky Wayne

September 14th, 2011, 2:39 am #4

... I'm thinking we can only have 3 person teams, since some clubs may only be able to bring 3 members... If a club can send six, then, they can form two teams. There would be 1st place for the teams in Rifle FT, Pistol FT and Bench Rest. Also, team Triathlon, where each team member picks there best score in any class from those three disciplines for a potential of 100 from each, or 300 would be a perfect score from each member, and 900 for the three person team.

What do ya think? Want to play teams too? Should I order the awards?..

Wacky Wayne
Match Director,
Ashland Air Rifle Range
I shoot open rifle pcp, teammate 1 shoots rifle hunter, & teammate 2 shoots rifle piston.

How is our team score figured? Or do we have to all shoot the same class?

Thanks,

BS

September 14th, 2011, 2:51 am #5

I guess that would work John, all scores add up to 100, so it should be fine. nt.

September 14th, 2011, 3:27 am #6

Not sure what the answer is.

Maybe score it by how each finishes in his/her class... a first, a tenth, a fourth = 15, lowest score wins?

Maybe I overthink things lol

BS

September 15th, 2011, 4:28 pm #7

And would actually be pretty respresentative of the "classifications" influence. However, if there's only 1 or 2 in a particular class then it would negate the representation.They are winners by default instead of competition.

lhd

September 20th, 2011, 5:15 am #8

Can you say "cherrypicker's magnet? there is always that incentive to jump into a class that's poorly attended, but weighting the results like that would be almost offensive to those that took the scoreboard results very seriously.