Clip For Mrod

Clip For Mrod

May 29th, 2010, 4:28 pm #1

Just received 22 Mrod, when I go to load clip, the first five pellets drop in , to finish loading clip I have to push, the next five pellets dwn into clip for the indexing wheel to turn. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is there a fix? I havent shot many pellets but i cant get a decent group at 25 yrds 2" at best.
Trad

May 29th, 2010, 4:46 pm #2

Try using a Q Tip and give them just a light touch. The Q Tip is soft and won't damage or deform the rear of the pellet. I shoot Kodiaks out of my 22 and sized down to .2190 so no problem with them dropping right in.

May 29th, 2010, 7:38 pm #3

Just received 22 Mrod, when I go to load clip, the first five pellets drop in , to finish loading clip I have to push, the next five pellets dwn into clip for the indexing wheel to turn. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is there a fix? I havent shot many pellets but i cant get a decent group at 25 yrds 2" at best.
Trad
There are holes on the back that an arm for the spring inside the mag goes into. Is it in the one nearest the bellet exit hole??

Does not need much tension to operate too much and it can damage the pellets. I had a 22 one before my 25 and never had trouble loading pellets. Should not have to "PUSH" them in

What brand are the pellets??

May 29th, 2010, 10:41 pm #4

Trad
I had the same problem with the last 4 .177 mags I got from Crosman. Mine were only hanging up on the #5,6,& 7 holes, but I did them all just in case. I just disassembled the mags and used a sharp exacto knife to slightly ream the input (back) side of the pellet carrier. Worked just fine.

Craig
Last edited by Prowler8928 on May 29th, 2010, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 30th, 2010, 12:41 am #5

Trad
I just give the pellet a little push with my finger when it happens. I have some pellets that won't groupe and others that will. I am still trying different pellets to find the best.
Jim

May 30th, 2010, 11:47 am #6

Trad
I think i have tryed just about all the pellets out there LOL, On my clip it 6 thru 10 that I have to push in it doesnt matter what pellet Iam trying. Is it difficult to take clip apart?

May 30th, 2010, 1:25 pm #7

when you reassemble, use the hole that gives the least tension. If you do a search, you may find pics of the process.

May 30th, 2010, 2:31 pm #8

I think i have tryed just about all the pellets out there LOL, On my clip it 6 thru 10 that I have to push in it doesnt matter what pellet Iam trying. Is it difficult to take clip apart?
Take a look on the front side of the mag and you will see which hole the spring is located in. Just reassemble them with the spring in the same position and all will be well. As for pushing pellets in to a mag, if the pellet skirt is larger than the mag hole, you will slightly deform the skirt when pushing it in. Will this affect accuracy? I don't know, but why take a chance.

Craig

May 30th, 2010, 3:17 pm #9

Trad
Trad, I experience a miniscule resistance when inserting pellets into the sixth and seventh stations of my .177 mag. From reading other "posts" I've concluded that this is a universal occurance probably caused by a slight misalignment that occurs in manufacture.

However the force required to push the pellets home (in my case) is so slight that I disregard it and my groups off the bench reflect that. Even when I use my single shot adapter I fail to see any significant difference in performance so I'm sure that my magazine is doing ok when I use it.

Good luck!

J. Miller

May 30th, 2010, 6:47 pm #10

Trad
Just finished taking clip apart.Used a round file that fit the loading area and now the pellts load with out a problem. Now to get out and shoot to see if it makes a difference.