Cliff Tharpe's amazing airgun hunting video (s)

Cliff Tharpe's amazing airgun hunting video (s)

December 14th, 2010, 3:55 am #1

I guess this should have been posted here at first:

Hi all. I work for a large gun store in the mid west as a consultant in the Airgun section of the store. I help them out one day a week in educating the firearms customers on the world and produsts of airguns. Almost exclusively on hunting with an Airgun. Once the store's owner and managers started seeing airgun sales take off, they let me advise them on products to carry in the Air Gun section.

I've purchased: Airgun Hunting The California Ground Squirrel video by Cliff Tharpe. Since I've hunted these animals for decades (and been paid to do so), it was a good way for me to show people what it's like. How Cliff goes about the business on the video is sensational. His style is calm and certain and showcases the perfect effectiveness of the modern Air Gun.

To cut a long story short, I had the store carry Tharpe's video. Not only do I encourage customers to buy them, many of the people that bought them have come in and purchased airguns. Some customers several guns. We have sold out of the video and are ordering more. The conversations and feed back I get from the people that have bought them has been very, very, positive. Almost everyone likes the "called shots" where Tharpe talks about adjusting his aim for the wind conditions and using a range finder for the shots.

For any of you that don't have the opportunity of taking people out hunting with you, but desire to show people what an airgun can do and how, I would urge you to get a copy of Tharpe's video into their hands, or at least, point them to his hunting blog website.

Certainly there are great Airgun hunting vidoes out there, for instance T.R. Robb's Rabbit and Rook in Scotland . . . and the myriad of Airgun hunting videos on Youtube and some other websites like Crosman, Tharpe's has a tone and delivery that is more in line with watching a TV production like Mutaul Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. And Tharpe's vocal style and information during his hunts are as impressive as his full speed and slow motion footage of each shot.

Anyway, I just thought I would wiegh in on a product that showcases our sport in a most impressive way. The feedback I've gotten from the people that bought them has motivated me to post this thread.

And for those of you that sell airguns or own a store that sells airguns, I encourage you to carry Tharpe's vidoe and to urge people to buy it. It is a great tool for the rapidly growing sport of hunting with an airgun.

December 14th, 2010, 3:57 am #2

Reposted here for obvious reasons . . .N/T

December 14th, 2010, 2:49 pm #3

Hi all. I work for a large gun store in the mid west as a consultant in the Airgun section of the store. I help them out one day a week in educating the firearms customers on the world and produsts of airguns. Almost exclusively on hunting with an Airgun. Once the store's owner and managers started seeing airgun sales take off, they let me advise them on products to carry in the Air Gun section.

I've purchased: Airgun Hunting The California Ground Squirrel video by Cliff Tharpe. Since I've hunted these animals for decades (and been paid to do so), it was a good way for me to show people what it's like. How Cliff goes about the business on the video is sensational. His style is calm and certain and showcases the perfect effectiveness of the modern Air Gun.

To cut a long story short, I had the store carry Tharpe's video. Not only do I encourage customers to buy them, many of the people that bought them have come in and purchased airguns. Some customers several guns. We have sold out of the video and are ordering more. The conversations and feed back I get from the people that have bought them has been very, very, positive. Almost everyone likes the "called shots" where Tharpe talks about adjusting his aim for the wind conditions and using a range finder for the shots.

For any of you that don't have the opportunity of taking people out hunting with you, but desire to show people what an airgun can do and how, I would urge you to get a copy of Tharpe's video into their hands, or at least, point them to his hunting blog website.

Certainly there are great Airgun hunting vidoes out there, for instance T.R. Robb's Rabbit and Rook in Scotland . . . and the myriad of Airgun hunting videos on Youtube and some other websites like Crosman, Tharpe's has a tone and delivery that is more in line with watching a TV production like Mutaul Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. And Tharpe's vocal style and information during his hunts are as impressive as his full speed and slow motion footage of each shot.

Anyway, I just thought I would wiegh in on a product that showcases our sport in a most impressive way. The feedback I've gotten from the people that bought them has motivated me to post this thread.

And for those of you that sell airguns or own a store that sells airguns, I encourage you to carry Tharpe's vidoe and to urge people to buy it. It is a great tool for the rapidly growing sport of hunting with an airgun.
I know putting the videos in stock was kind of an experiment, to see if anyone cares, so I'm glad to hear that they are selling for you, but I'm even more happy to hear that they are helping you sell airguns, and are bringing people into the sport. Thanks again Tim, this definitely makes my day.

February 12th, 2011, 3:09 pm #4

I agree, I'm new to airgunning and the purchase of this video was well worth the cost. I enjoyed watching it very much and well continue watching it in the years to come.