choices modified qb79 or other

choices modified qb79 or other

November 5th, 2010, 8:26 pm #1

i have a maurader in 22 cal that i am well satisfied with. just looking for another addition. i hear that rich does great with qb79's and was wondering how well it would shoot with a lw barrel and hpa? shot count well with fps in the 800-900 range? i looked into the bam 50-51 but havent really seen where they are that accurate or not. sorry for the wild post just looking into another rifle preferribly chinese. i have a bam b40 by mike mellick and love it.

November 5th, 2010, 9:25 pm #2

You're asking for a 20 to 26 foot pound .22, which certainly can be done, but will also eat a good bit of air with each shot. Can get over 90 shots from a 13CI bottle when set for about 12 foot pounds and about 60 when set for about 16.5 foot pounds, so I'd have to guess your shot count would be something in the 50-45 shot range when jacked up into the 20's.

With a Marauder in .22 and a WBHPA in .22, they'd pretty much over lap uses. While they both could be fed from the same pellet supply, the pellet supply lasts 1/2 as long.

Second thought is this: if you're going to spend the $ for an LW barrel, might consider 5mm or .25.

November 6th, 2010, 12:46 am #3

i have a maurader in 22 cal that i am well satisfied with. just looking for another addition. i hear that rich does great with qb79's and was wondering how well it would shoot with a lw barrel and hpa? shot count well with fps in the 800-900 range? i looked into the bam 50-51 but havent really seen where they are that accurate or not. sorry for the wild post just looking into another rifle preferribly chinese. i have a bam b40 by mike mellick and love it.
What would it cost to have a reputable tuner to convert an AR2078 to: 
  • HPA </li>
  • Repeater </li>
  • Walther Barrel </li>
  • Full Shroud </li>
  • HPA Tune</li>
Last edited by aom22 on November 6th, 2010, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2010, 1:15 am #4

..be able to do some of the work yourself. Just totaling up the cost of all new parts (not including fitting the barrel blank), got to over $500 pretty fast. Your estimate of fitting and tuning would be as valid as mine. That with the issue stock.

With the issue breech/barrel, keeping it as a single shot, and adding an LDC and you doing the tuning, would be in the $255-$260 range.

November 6th, 2010, 3:44 am #5

You are looking for something like this maybe without the "bling"
The base Qb79 and modded valve were from Rich. I modified the stock and made the shroud.
Every thing else is available from the vendors listed
It shoots 14.3g premiers at 815 f/s,
Shot count I refill at 4 clips ( 40 shots).
This stock barrel is accurate. The 15mm qb79 barrels in .22 are usually good.
Try before you go LW.
Qb79 .22 with Rich From Mich modified valve...125.00
JRA Quickshot Repeating Breech....................95.00
JRA stock extension....................................35.00
1200 PSI 13ci HPA tank Expert HPA................80.00
AR2078 stock Archer Air rifles ......................70.00
Custom Shroud but try Rich From Mich ..........65.00 ???

Prices without shipping

The QB's are easy to work on yourself or have Rich go through it and supply with a shroud

Jay
http://qbmags.com

November 6th, 2010, 4:31 am #6

..some are quite accurate, hanging in there in head-to-head shoot offs with HW and LW barrels.

Your total comes to about $470. Add in an LW barrel blank ($110) and someone to machine/fit it to get his full wish list (but you could subtract the stock and stock extension...would be a mistake to not give it a nice stock, but wasn't on his wish list).... comes up to about the same $500.

This poor little 12 foot pound ugly duckling, a single shot;
[/IMG]
Rifle: $94 (current price...think I paid something like $85 for it on sale a couple of years ago)
850HPA: $60
RWS muzzle attachment: $35 (which is ugly, but functional)
Delrin valve stem (I made this one, but can find them for $10)
RAP4 on/off: $25 (optional...I've come to like them)
Total: $224

Could subtract the on/off(-$25), hunt up a used QB79 (lets say -$24) and be ready to go for about $175.
Last edited by gubb33ps on November 6th, 2010, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 6th, 2010, 2:26 pm #7

i was looking at the 79 with the target stock and decided on it. My question is where do i find all the parts to convert to hpa? i was interested in a high riser breech with indexing mag. larger air tank ? anything else i need? please help me out i def think i want to tackle this one alone. i have worked on many rifles but they where springers. so any advice and help will be appreciated. I thank everyone for the help

November 6th, 2010, 5:46 pm #8

You are looking for something like this maybe without the "bling"
The base Qb79 and modded valve were from Rich. I modified the stock and made the shroud.
Every thing else is available from the vendors listed
It shoots 14.3g premiers at 815 f/s,
Shot count I refill at 4 clips ( 40 shots).
This stock barrel is accurate. The 15mm qb79 barrels in .22 are usually good.
Try before you go LW.
Qb79 .22 with Rich From Mich modified valve...125.00
JRA Quickshot Repeating Breech....................95.00
JRA stock extension....................................35.00
1200 PSI 13ci HPA tank Expert HPA................80.00
AR2078 stock Archer Air rifles ......................70.00
Custom Shroud but try Rich From Mich ..........65.00 ???

Prices without shipping

The QB's are easy to work on yourself or have Rich go through it and supply with a shroud

Jay
You can avoid the hassle and cost and buy a Talon SS already equipped
with a LW barrel and made in USA.

November 6th, 2010, 7:09 pm #9

i was looking at the 79 with the target stock and decided on it. My question is where do i find all the parts to convert to hpa? i was interested in a high riser breech with indexing mag. larger air tank ? anything else i need? please help me out i def think i want to tackle this one alone. i have worked on many rifles but they where springers. so any advice and help will be appreciated. I thank everyone for the help
Ron
I gave you all the sources in the post above showing the modded qb79

Jay

November 6th, 2010, 10:57 pm #10

..be able to do some of the work yourself. Just totaling up the cost of all new parts (not including fitting the barrel blank), got to over $500 pretty fast. Your estimate of fitting and tuning would be as valid as mine. That with the issue stock.

With the issue breech/barrel, keeping it as a single shot, and adding an LDC and you doing the tuning, would be in the $255-$260 range.
<p>What I really like is the <font face="Arial">Marauder Pistol</font>.
But, it isn't a reality - yet.
Until it becomes available and on the market ... plus, sometime for it debugging.
I'd like an interim HPA solution.
An <font face="Times New Roman">Industry Brand AR2078 Air Rifle</font> converted to HPA - poor man's regulated PCP.
I thought, might be a cost effective solution.

I don't have a workshop and I'm not inclined to tackle a technical project like this.
I'll leave it to a tuner.
A projected a budget of 500 to 600 dollars is what I planned for.
If the cost were bordering $700, I'll have to strongly consider plan B ... a <font face="Arial">[color=#ff0000" size="2]BSA Ultra[/color]</font> <font size="2"></font><font face="Arial">[color=#800000" size="2]Multi-Shot[/color]</font><font face="Arial"> <font size="2">Bull Barrel.</font></font><font size="2"></font></p>
Last edited by aom22 on November 7th, 2010, 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.