Chinese sidelever?

Chinese sidelever?

March 9th, 2010, 3:28 am #1

I have been considering getting a springer for a while now and I think I have decided on what I want.
Should be a sidelever, that is not too powerful-- perhaps 10-15 fpe range in .177 with a reasonable cocking effort. Also would like to have tunnel front sight that can take inserts-- I will shoot with aperture sights and have reasonable accuracy at 25m-- say .5-.75" ctc. Size and weight doesn't matter-- I shall be shooting targets: heavy actually helps, and finally-- this might seem odd-- should be able to attach a sling swivel at the forend that DOES NOT connect with the barrel in anyway.(I want to test a silly idea!) A good trigger would be an immense plus, but I suppose I will settle for anything that isn't 7 lbs heavy! Don't want to spend a lot on this gun-- I want to find out whether springers are for me-- or rather the other way round: whether I am patient enough and good enough for springers!

Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Roy

March 9th, 2010, 4:41 am #2

RWS 48 / 52 or a Chinese B21...all are heavy springers. The RWS rifles will be nicer, but they will cost more. The old saying(You get what you pay for)

If it's up to me, I would try a break barrel before a side cocker.

Good luck

March 9th, 2010, 9:52 am #3

I have been considering getting a springer for a while now and I think I have decided on what I want.
Should be a sidelever, that is not too powerful-- perhaps 10-15 fpe range in .177 with a reasonable cocking effort. Also would like to have tunnel front sight that can take inserts-- I will shoot with aperture sights and have reasonable accuracy at 25m-- say .5-.75" ctc. Size and weight doesn't matter-- I shall be shooting targets: heavy actually helps, and finally-- this might seem odd-- should be able to attach a sling swivel at the forend that DOES NOT connect with the barrel in anyway.(I want to test a silly idea!) A good trigger would be an immense plus, but I suppose I will settle for anything that isn't 7 lbs heavy! Don't want to spend a lot on this gun-- I want to find out whether springers are for me-- or rather the other way round: whether I am patient enough and good enough for springers!

Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Roy
b-30 is a 48/52 clone i believe....n/t

March 9th, 2010, 7:43 pm #4

Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Roy
What sort of fpe does B21/ B 30 get? Best Airguns lists a completely meaningless 1000 fps spec-- I really don't understand why dealers don't mention fpe or at least mention the pellet with which they are getting the velocity figures. If the B21 indeed does get 1000 fps with 8 grainish pellets, I think it's a bit too hot for my purposes. Also did a little looking around-- what do you think of the QB58 that Archer's has? Thanks,
Roy

March 9th, 2010, 9:18 pm #5

Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Roy
They are very nice low- to mid-powered sidelever guns. And the GTX III replacement trigger is a direct drop-in. The B21 and B30 are considerably heavier and more powerful.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

March 9th, 2010, 10:45 pm #6

Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Roy
I have a .177 tf-58 that I was considering selling. Will make someone a good deal on it if interested.

Eric

March 10th, 2010, 1:23 am #7

mail sent

March 10th, 2010, 1:26 am #8

They are very nice low- to mid-powered sidelever guns. And the GTX III replacement trigger is a direct drop-in. The B21 and B30 are considerably heavier and more powerful.

It seems just the sort of mid-low powered gun I am looking for. Do you have the gun? In case you do, what's your opinion of it? Thanks,
Roy

March 10th, 2010, 3:18 am #9

I'm very happy with my TF58. I've owned quite a few Chinese springers, and this is one I'm going to keep. If you do get one, by all means invest the $25 in a GTX III trigger. It truly transforms the rifle.

March 10th, 2010, 12:39 pm #10

The TF-58 looks like a direct descendant. Anybody know if they're basically identical powerplants?

The QB-88 is a sweet little gun; terrific all day shooter, nice firing behavior, accurate, not overly hold-sensitive. It's one of my favorite plinking guns.

I've been eyeing a TF-58 in .22, once the tax check arrives.