Check out this TX200 Video

Check out this TX200 Video

January 9th, 2011, 6:28 pm #1

January 9th, 2011, 6:50 pm #2

I would buy the open sights system though.

It is what it is, because it is!!!

January 9th, 2011, 7:52 pm #3

about price and availability ...

might make for a single stroke poor mans 'Whiscombe' in the FT game ....

depending upon price of course ... it would be interesting to see how he designed
the sled system - probably copied the RWS54 mechanism as his other videos shows a 54
that he has modified.

regards

James

January 9th, 2011, 8:30 pm #4

Especially an FT Scope, as the added mass might just upset the apple cart!

Also, I wonder what power level the rifle is set at?

Regardless very nice machine work and design to make it a recoiless to shooter system. I would have opted for a rear sight mounted on the dovetails rearward though, his sight radius is more like a pistols!

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Tony

January 9th, 2011, 9:42 pm #5

was my first rifle back in the 1990's. I could place one pellet on the scope knob and take a shot with no vibration to the pellet. I never thought about stacking pellets. Roz Sumpter shot the Park 93 at the Nationals and did just great. I owned a .22cal Whiscombe 75 and the 12 ft/lb Park was smoother. I know, it is not comparing apples to apples. The Whiscome was near 20 ft/lbs. I just like the Giss system best. 10 meter Giss is incredible!!
I had a recoiless TX200 and found it to be very fussy. The sledge system required constant fartin around with. I tried all of the supposedly nylon style locking nuts and they all lacked. I prefer my regular TX200. My IFP scores were always to same with either rifle.
About the video, this guy from Greece must have taken the whole action and mounted it on linear bearings. I can't believe he tuned the factory sledge system to achieve what we saw in the video. Never the less, this guy is sure talented.

January 9th, 2011, 10:30 pm #6

Especially an FT Scope, as the added mass might just upset the apple cart!

Also, I wonder what power level the rifle is set at?

Regardless very nice machine work and design to make it a recoiless to shooter system. I would have opted for a rear sight mounted on the dovetails rearward though, his sight radius is more like a pistols!

Thanks for posting!

Regards,

Tony
The pellet test, in my opinion, is pretty meaningless. I have a 900 fps with Exacts, TX that's smooth as can be. It passes the pellet test easily, but so does my twangy, Ox sprung, MarkI that's putting out 840 fps with the same pellet. I have other TX's in various states of tune that will also do it. Seems to be no rhyme or reason for a gun that passes the pellet test.

January 9th, 2011, 10:46 pm #7

stock, fire the gun and the stack won't move, let alone topple?!?! That's impressive as we've done similar tests with a pellet on the elevation turret's cover and they move some if not fall off, depending on the gun, thought this is shot from FT position, not on a hard one piece rest like the Caldwell in the video.

Regards,

Tony

January 9th, 2011, 10:47 pm #8

was my first rifle back in the 1990's. I could place one pellet on the scope knob and take a shot with no vibration to the pellet. I never thought about stacking pellets. Roz Sumpter shot the Park 93 at the Nationals and did just great. I owned a .22cal Whiscombe 75 and the 12 ft/lb Park was smoother. I know, it is not comparing apples to apples. The Whiscome was near 20 ft/lbs. I just like the Giss system best. 10 meter Giss is incredible!!
I had a recoiless TX200 and found it to be very fussy. The sledge system required constant fartin around with. I tried all of the supposedly nylon style locking nuts and they all lacked. I prefer my regular TX200. My IFP scores were always to same with either rifle.
About the video, this guy from Greece must have taken the whole action and mounted it on linear bearings. I can't believe he tuned the factory sledge system to achieve what we saw in the video. Never the less, this guy is sure talented.
for that TX200 MKIII(or at least that's what it looks like to me, don't the SR's have stock screws going through the sides of the stock near the trigger guard area?)...maybe I'm mistaken, lol...

Regards,

Tony
Last edited by Trojan1994 on January 9th, 2011, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 9th, 2011, 10:48 pm #9

about price and availability ...

might make for a single stroke poor mans 'Whiscombe' in the FT game ....

depending upon price of course ... it would be interesting to see how he designed
the sled system - probably copied the RWS54 mechanism as his other videos shows a 54
that he has modified.

regards

James
you find out. If you don't mind, please email me his response. Thanks in advance. -d

Life is short...slow down and enjoy
http://www.activevacuums.com

January 9th, 2011, 11:09 pm #10

Please e-mail me too . Keep us posted. Thenks