CFX stock question

CFX stock question

April 21st, 2008, 9:13 pm #1

Been comparing a Kral clone (which I recently bought from Jim in Pittsburgh) to the synthetic stocked CFX. It's pretty close but I think the stock is different. On the two side panels in the CFX forearm, are they a soft material or just as hard as the rest of the stock? The KRAL's are hard which makes me wonder why they are there at all. It also has diamond checkering at the wrist whereas the CFX has some kind of raised stippling. The KRAL stock material, itself, seems to be more like a Ramline stock in that it is fairly hard. I think my S1000 is a bit softer to the touch. Anyway, I don't have an actual CFX to handle. I will say that this Kral seems very well built and is very accurate (shoots at least as well as I can hold). Glad it's a .22 as it is a &(&#$+_ to load.

April 22nd, 2008, 3:23 am #2

how close of a clone is it? is it as close as the crosman quest to the gamo 220? if its identically cloned, i might have to get one for parts since gamo won't sell me any. i can do without the stock. just need the internals such as piston and loading breech.

April 22nd, 2008, 9:33 pm #3

Been comparing a Kral clone (which I recently bought from Jim in Pittsburgh) to the synthetic stocked CFX. It's pretty close but I think the stock is different. On the two side panels in the CFX forearm, are they a soft material or just as hard as the rest of the stock? The KRAL's are hard which makes me wonder why they are there at all. It also has diamond checkering at the wrist whereas the CFX has some kind of raised stippling. The KRAL stock material, itself, seems to be more like a Ramline stock in that it is fairly hard. I think my S1000 is a bit softer to the touch. Anyway, I don't have an actual CFX to handle. I will say that this Kral seems very well built and is very accurate (shoots at least as well as I can hold). Glad it's a .22 as it is a &(&#$+_ to load.
Just curious, myself, as to how close a copy it is.

April 23rd, 2008, 8:12 am #4

how much did it cost? can you put some pictures on here?

April 23rd, 2008, 12:04 pm #5

I didn't pay that much. The original owner picked it up at the last Roanoke show. I can't find any info on importers, so these may have been a small lot to test the waters. I think I'll be the one looking for CFX parts to keep it flying, not the other way around. There just don't seem to be that many here in this country at the moment.

April 23rd, 2008, 6:52 pm #6

i wrote to them to see how i can purchase one just to compare but no one responded back. here's the site if you're intrested....http://www.kralav.com/airguns.html

April 24th, 2008, 2:07 am #7

At Roanoke last November, Pyramyd showed up with a couple of pallets of Kral rifles in boxes. They weren't too sure what to ask for them, and a couple of us decided to see "how low they'd go" on multiple-purchase deals. Our little coalition wound up with about a dozen of them at $40 each. It was quite the feeding frenzy, since all the boxes looked identical, and we weren't really sure what we had bought until we opened them up. There were actual Turkish walnut stocks, synthetic stocks, breakbarrels, underlevers, .177s, and .22s. I wound up with a synthetic stock .22 underlever, which took a little work, but turned out to be a decent rifle. I've heard from some of the guys that the breakbarrels are either very good or very bad. And I've also heard that the .22 rifling looks choppy. Having owned an underlever, I never tore it down to the point where I could sight the bore, but the gun I owned shot with decent, even very good accuracy after some break-in.

I would suggest contacting Pyramyd for more information on future availability of Krals. I was very pleased with the one I had, and quite impressed with it actually. One of my shooting buddies had a CFX for a while, and having shot my Kral, he said it was at least an equal, if not perhaps superior. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one.

I think we're all Bozos on this bus.

April 24th, 2008, 9:13 am #8

cool... i'll give pyramyd a text. i do notice that all their air venturi strut display guns are kralavs. maybe they might still have some.
Last edited by tsab on April 24th, 2008, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2008, 1:53 pm #9

No sarcasm intended, but I never got an answer to what I asked.

April 24th, 2008, 6:32 pm #10

sorry about the straying off the path, yes the grip pads are made of a medium soft rubber material on the cfx.