CFX or Shadow Combo?

CFX or Shadow Combo?

July 28th, 2006, 3:49 am #1

I need to thin out some crows at 50-60 yards. Tried a Remington Genesis and after trying with 5 different type pellets, couldn't get it to group at 25 yards for sight in. I'm about to get another and have narrowed it down to 2, the CFX or the Shadow Combo?
I had put about 300 pellets through the Genesis and it was beginning to break in a little...also did the trigger on it.
Would appreciate a recommendation between these two from some of you experienced air gunners.

Bob
Last edited by robot2 on July 28th, 2006, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 28th, 2006, 4:56 am #2

recommend either of those for 60 yard shoot - very few if any inexpensive springers would regularly qualify, imo. 

July 28th, 2006, 11:10 am #3

I need to thin out some crows at 50-60 yards. Tried a Remington Genesis and after trying with 5 different type pellets, couldn't get it to group at 25 yards for sight in. I'm about to get another and have narrowed it down to 2, the CFX or the Shadow Combo?
I had put about 300 pellets through the Genesis and it was beginning to break in a little...also did the trigger on it.
Would appreciate a recommendation between these two from some of you experienced air gunners.

Bob
range befour you start shooting crows. The gun is definately capable of it. And if you can do it you should be wacking crows in no time.

Pennsylvania Pistolero
God, I hate NJ!!!!!!!!!
I like Iron Sights!
I hate Venomous Reptiles!
CFX - Accurate, powerful, and fun.
Wood & Metal 760's are a blast to play with!
Crosman 600's are a BLAST!

July 28th, 2006, 12:14 pm #4

Bob
The CFX would be my choice, I knock off Sparrows at 50 yards all the time, CFX and Crossman Preimeir's do the job for me.

I have a Genesis and it has a barrel lock up problem and the barrel pivot bolt comes loose. I have fixed both problems and now it's a fine shooter. If your having problems send it back, they know of the problem and should replace the rifle.

July 28th, 2006, 3:00 pm #5

Thanks guys, for the great answers. I'm going to have a look at that Genesis to see if I have the described problems and fix 'em.
I think I'll buy the CFX, primarily because I figure it may be a tad more accurate at long distance due to the one-piece barrel/action. I just wish there was a place in the San Diego area where I could have a look at them before ordering. I remember several years ago there was a store that handled nothing but air guns and archery, but it's long gone now.

Bob

July 28th, 2006, 3:56 pm #6

The store in Kearney Mesa had the Summit last time I was there.

July 28th, 2006, 4:01 pm #7

Thanks Jim. I checked there first...no luck. The Big 5 in El Cajon has 2 Gamo's, neither of which I'm interested in, but at least I can get a look at the general quality of the brand, whch I'm going to do in about an hour!

Bob

July 28th, 2006, 5:39 pm #8

recommend either of those for 60 yard shoot - very few if any inexpensive springers would regularly qualify, imo. 
I'd have to agree with him, now cut the distance in half and you're in business. 60 yards is more like PCP $450 - $5000 territory recoiless rifles.
Springers can reach but I doubt if they have the power to drop a crow unless an head shot in the eye. A crows head at 60 yards would look like a pea, plain eyesight. Scoped you can pull it up if you can guess/mildot the pellet drop.
Last edited by donack456 on July 28th, 2006, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 28th, 2006, 5:59 pm #9

The store in Kearney Mesa had the Summit last time I was there.
Jim in San Diego. The El Cajon store also has that Summit, but it's a Chinese rifle. Price is pretty stiff and I'm wondering if it's any good. I haven't found any info on it.

Bob

July 28th, 2006, 8:52 pm #10

I read the whole thread again and find no mention of it. I don't know what I was thinking.
I bought my CFX sight unseen, and like it well enough for what I paid. If I had to buy it new, I would not have one. My RWS 94 was only ~$175 and it is a much nicer gun.