CFX breech seal

CFX breech seal

February 2nd, 2010, 12:39 pm #1

I took the breech seal out today intending to replace it and was kind of surprised to find that it is not exactly an O ring but a cyclindrical ring made of material harder than those O rings I can get locally.

May I know whether it is possible to use the black O ring in the picture by stacking two pieces up ? If not where can I get a replacement seal that will fit the breech ?

February 2nd, 2010, 12:47 pm #2

Read the last reply to your previous post. It has all of the answers.

Did you call GamoUSA to see if they have replacements? That would be my first step were I in a remote place.
Last edited by RedFeather on February 2nd, 2010, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

February 2nd, 2010, 1:33 pm #3

that used to be one of the VERY FEW parts they did sell.

February 2nd, 2010, 3:25 pm #4

I took the breech seal out today intending to replace it and was kind of surprised to find that it is not exactly an O ring but a cyclindrical ring made of material harder than those O rings I can get locally.

May I know whether it is possible to use the black O ring in the picture by stacking two pieces up ? If not where can I get a replacement seal that will fit the breech ?

When I've needed different size O rings than I had on hand I have cut out a section then glued the ends together with superglue.Stacking and glueing might work.Could get you by till you get the proper part.

February 2nd, 2010, 4:43 pm #5

The large o-ring he needs is the one that seals the entire rotary breech. In this design, the breech acts like the face of the compression tube on a break barrel. The seal has to withstand the full force of the piston or air will blow out around the breech.

February 6th, 2010, 12:12 am #6

<p>seal shown. </p><p>The problem with the CFX is that the little PLASTIC lever wears a groove on the back side and of course the quality control is not that great on Gamo's so evey one fits a little different. The plastic lever is what controls the slop NOT the seal.</p><p>The easy way to fix is pull the plastic lever and put some good epoxy one the back side and refit the lever to take up the slop and your problem is fixed.</p><p>I did make a brass lever  for this but stopped making them a couple years ago.</p>

http://home.comcast.net/~peterdragin/index.html/