CF-X tune parts inbound!

CF-X tune parts inbound!

July 26th, 2006, 10:21 pm #1

I ordered two seals and tw0 springs for the CF-X. The springs are .128 wire so they should tolerate the Kodiaks. I'll disassemble, degrease, deburr, clean, polish, wash, dry, lube, measure shrink-tune and otherwise pamper the gun and see what I can get out of it.

I'm looking forward to it. Probably two weekends for the project at the rate I do things but who knows.

July 26th, 2006, 10:33 pm #2

e-mail me and I'll send ya some pics and hints on the CFX.

And what's inside it.

July 26th, 2006, 10:48 pm #3

I will be looking for help. This weekend will be diassembly, degreasing deburring, measuring, general assessment, documenting and photographing for public record. Once I know what I'm into I'll be looking for advice. I have it out of the stock right now and it looks straight forward but I won't underestimate the job.

I like the rifle, ESPECIALLY W/Kodiaks @ 16fpe. I've already taken everybodies advice on the Hornet seal and spring. I was pleasantly surprised, when ordering, that it was .128 wire diameter cuz I'm shoot'in heavies.

P.S. I'll email you this weekend. TIA

Last edited by bigbore on July 26th, 2006, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 26th, 2006, 11:45 pm #4

I ordered two seals and tw0 springs for the CF-X. The springs are .128 wire so they should tolerate the Kodiaks. I'll disassemble, degrease, deburr, clean, polish, wash, dry, lube, measure shrink-tune and otherwise pamper the gun and see what I can get out of it.

I'm looking forward to it. Probably two weekends for the project at the rate I do things but who knows.

If you don't mind.... That sounds like a good spring. Thanks.

July 27th, 2006, 1:15 am #5

I will be looking for help. This weekend will be diassembly, degreasing deburring, measuring, general assessment, documenting and photographing for public record. Once I know what I'm into I'll be looking for advice. I have it out of the stock right now and it looks straight forward but I won't underestimate the job.

I like the rifle, ESPECIALLY W/Kodiaks @ 16fpe. I've already taken everybodies advice on the Hornet seal and spring. I was pleasantly surprised, when ordering, that it was .128 wire diameter cuz I'm shoot'in heavies.

P.S. I'll email you this weekend. TIA

on my home tune i used a grade 8 washer on rear plastic spring follower that holds trigger in.makes a sort of thrust washer for spring. keeps it from digging into plastic follower.also made new tophat as oem is bad loose.you can probably heat shrink it.if i can help post or email good luck doug

July 27th, 2006, 1:27 am #6

If you don't mind.... That sounds like a good spring. Thanks.
I would provide the link but I'm at work and they block my access to his site. We're not supposed to be playing around ya see.

Last edited by bigbore on July 27th, 2006, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2006, 1:38 am #7

on my home tune i used a grade 8 washer on rear plastic spring follower that holds trigger in.makes a sort of thrust washer for spring. keeps it from digging into plastic follower.also made new tophat as oem is bad loose.you can probably heat shrink it.if i can help post or email good luck doug
from the inside diameter and then I'll have to heat shrink and lube as I am in no position to make a tophat. The washer sounds like a good idea. I'm sure I'll get a lot of great tips here.

Last edited by bigbore on July 27th, 2006, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 27th, 2006, 4:34 pm #8

I would provide the link but I'm at work and they block my access to his site. We're not supposed to be playing around ya see.

I'd appreciate any information anyone can send me re: tuning a CFX. I like the way it shoots as is, but would definitely have it tuned for imporvement.

thanks -
Scott
sdembiec@wi.rr.com

July 28th, 2006, 5:37 pm #9

http://www.smallparts.com/products/desc ... 20MORB.cfm

Another metric O-Ring supplier – and other small parts.

Good afternoon Gentleman - Dan and I will be joining in on the GFX performance and
accuracy tune soon and will contribute as much as we can as we listen in on your
progress. This is going to be our first attempt with our CFX’s.

Small Parts, Inc. is a good supplier for small parts and can handle small orders.
They produce a hard copy catalog and I find it handy to have around.

July 30th, 2006, 2:22 am #10