PISTON
1. JONATHON REYES,TX 200MKII,VMACH,NIKKO10X50, 11.5FPE,JSB EXPRESS.....43
2. BILL TRAMELL, HW97,NIKKO 10X50, JSB 8.4.............................35
3. LARRY PIRRONE, TX 200III VORTEK, HAWKE SID 30,JSB EXPRESS...........29
4. RON JOBBS, TX200....................................................13
5. WILBUR YAP, HW 97,..................................................4

PISTOL
1. ART BURCIAGA, LD....................................................18

IT WAS WIND CITY AT ANGELES AS THE SANTANA WINDS BLEW HARD AND GUSTY MAKING FOR A CHALLENGING MATCH. SOME ROSE TO THE OCCASION AND SOME DIDN'T. THE MATCH WAS MADE CHALLENGING BY TWO THINGS. THE GUSTY WINDS AND THE FACT THAT
OUR SIGHT IN RANGE IS OPPOSITE TO OUR SHOOTING DIRECTION. SIGHT IN HAD QUARTERLING TAIL WIND AND SHOOTING HAD CROSS WIND.

DOUG, VIPHA AND MATT WERE VERY CLOSE WITH VIPHA GARNERING 2ND AFTER A SHOOTOFF. LD CONTINUES TO DO VERY WELL IN HUNTER IN SPITE OF HIS RIFLE BEING KNOCKED OVER BY THE WIND. JOHATHAN REYES CONTINUES TO SHOW WHY HE IS A NATIONAL CHAMP WITH HIS INCREDIBLE WIND MASTERY AT 11.5 FPE. BILL TRAMELL CONTINUES TO IMPROVE WHILE YOURS TRUELY GOES BACKWARDS. RON JOBBS WAS A VICTIM OF A TOUGH RANGEMASTER WHO SET A CHALLENGING COURSE FOR THE CONDITIONS. WAIT A MINUTE! RON IS RANGEMASTER. ART BURCIAGA SHOWED UP WITH TWO LD PISTOLS, PATTON STYLE. ART HAD NOT SHOT IN SEVERAL YEARS AND STILL SCORED AN IMPRESSIVE SCORE FOR A PISTOL ON THIS COURSE. I GLANCED OVER AND SAW ART SHOOTING OFFHAND A FEW TIMES. GOOD SHOOTING AND PLEASE COME OUT AGAIN MY FREIND.

I LOVE THIS SPORT!

LARRY PIRRONE
Last edited by LARRYPIRRONE1 on January 24th, 2011, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 24th, 2011, 4:39 pm #2

Very cool!

Congrats to all the shooters! Johnny Be Good, especially in da wind!!!

That sight in arrangement does make for mixed results when on an actual lane, lol...

Oh man, don't tell me, was LD's rifle resting ON the Bipod when it tipped?!?! :-0

Thanks for the Report!

Regards,

Tony

January 24th, 2011, 4:47 pm #3

1. DOUG MILLER.......................................48/52
2. VIPPHA MILLER.....................................47*
3. MATT KELLERMAN,USFT #22,NIKKO 10X50, JSB 15.9.....47
4. TIM MCMURRY, LD SIMPLE SIMON, NIKKO 10X50, CPH....43
5. VINCE PACHECO,USFT #12,NIKKO 10X50,JSB............42
6. AL WATERFORD,STEYR LG110,NIKKO, 10.6..............34

HUNTER
1. LAWRENCE DURHAM, USFT, TASCO 10X,CPH...............42
2. DAVE FREDRICK, "CHUNTSMAN", SIMMONS, JSB 8.4.......24
3. JIM ZIEGLER, DISCOVERY.............................15

PISTON

PISTOL

IT WAS WIND CITY AT ANGELES AS THE SANTANA WINDS BLEW HARD AND GUSTY MAKING FOR A CHALLENGING MATCH. SOME ROSE TO THE OCCASION AND SOME DIDN'T. THE MATCH WAS MADE CHALLENGING BY TWO THINGS. THE GUSTY WINDS AND THE FACT THAT
OUR SIGHT IN RANGE IS OPPOSITE TO OUR SHOOTING DIRECTION. SIGHT IN HAD QUARTERLING TAIL WIND AND SHOOTING HAD CROSS WIND.

DOUG, VIPHA AND MATT WERE VERY CLOSE WITH VIPHA GARNERING 2ND AFTER A SHOOTOFF. LD CONTINUES TO DO VERY WELL IN HUNTER IN SPITE OF HIS RIFLE BEING KNOCKED OVER BY THE WIND. JOHATHAN REYES CONTINUES TO SHOW WHY HE IS A NATIONAL CHAMP WITH HIS INCREDIBLE WIND MASTERY AT 11.5 FPE. BILL TRAMELL CONTINUES TO IMPROVE WHILE YOURS TRUELY GOES BACKWARDS. RON JOBBS WAS A VICTIM OF A TOUGH RANGEMASTER WHO SET A CHALLENGING COURSE FOR THE CONDITIONS. WAIT A MINUTE! RON IS RANGEMASTER. ART BURCIAGA SHOWED UP WITH TWO LD PISTOLS, PATTON STYLE. ART HAD NOT SHOT IN SEVERAL YEARS AND STILL SCORED AN IMPRESSIVE SCORE FOR A PISTOL ON THIS COURSE. I GLANCED OVER AND SAW ART SHOOTING OFFHAND A FEW TIMES. GOOD SHOOTING AND PLEASE COME OUT AGAIN MY FREIND.

I LOVE THIS SPORT!

LARRY PIRRONE
Nice score! BR barrel or other .22 barrel?

jz2

January 24th, 2011, 5:19 pm #4

HUNTER

PISTON

PISTOL

I LOVE THIS SPORT!

LARRY PIRRONE
Everyone was very forgiving on my newbie fumbling. It is a tremendously supportive and friendly group. I shot with Ron and it big shout out to him for all of his coaching.

lhd

January 24th, 2011, 5:35 pm #5

Very cool!

Congrats to all the shooters! Johnny Be Good, especially in da wind!!!

That sight in arrangement does make for mixed results when on an actual lane, lol...

Oh man, don't tell me, was LD's rifle resting ON the Bipod when it tipped?!?! :-0

Thanks for the Report!

Regards,

Tony
My gun actually was blown over gy hege gusts of wind ... TWICE! The second time, the zero shifted enough to cause misses fro several lances til i got it worked out.

There was no shift the first time, but I shoulda learned right then, and didn't. Not a luck ... Dave F.'s gun was ALSO blown over from it's tripod stand in a big gust.

Back to the drawing board, not ready to quit yet.

lhd

January 24th, 2011, 5:37 pm #6

HUNTER

PISTON

PISTOL

I LOVE THIS SPORT!

LARRY PIRRONE
The all caps thing is for noobies who can't type. And ... I don't go by LAWRENCE

January 24th, 2011, 6:06 pm #7

My gun actually was blown over gy hege gusts of wind ... TWICE! The second time, the zero shifted enough to cause misses fro several lances til i got it worked out.

There was no shift the first time, but I shoulda learned right then, and didn't. Not a luck ... Dave F.'s gun was ALSO blown over from it's tripod stand in a big gust.

and hang a weight from it!!!

Hope the gun and scope are fine!

Regards,

Tony

January 24th, 2011, 6:18 pm #8

Nice score! BR barrel or other .22 barrel?
Matt Kellermans US FT is a .22 cal shooting JSB's 15.9's at 745. His gun operates off a 1200 psi Regulated HPA tank fitted to the front of a 20" Carbine tube.
Matt's gun is fgitted with all sorts of gizmos that makes it one of the most accesorized US FT's ever. Matt is a hell of a shot and he was cented up well for the match and dead solid. All he had to do is clean his last lane and he would have won but his last target was the 3/4" 52 yarder someone put out there for the toughest target on the course. He missed it both shots.
Vipha and Matt shot off on that lane for 2nd place and he just didn't have any settings for that yardage and missed again in the shootoff.
He did show that .22's have a distinct advcantage when it gets real ugly and yesterday was a day we all thought LD had brought Temecula conditions with him.

"NO GUNS WOULD BE A RIOT"

Later

Tim
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Arial, Times New Roman">
Mac1 Airgun
</font>

January 24th, 2011, 6:28 pm #9

Cool to see a .22 out there at 20fpe in open class and compare how the wind affects the various guns.

Can't wait for you WFTF spec USFT - I want American, not a Steyr/AA/Walther

January 24th, 2011, 6:56 pm #10

one is to get a tripod that allows an adjustable leg spread and that makes a more stable platform. expensive. i have a wooden Reese tripod that has that feature but it was pricey. i used it for large format photogrpahy. the other thing that is done is to put an eye bolt in the bottom of the middle leg and hang a weight from it. Problem there is obvious. you gotta carry that stuff around. good luck.