2. BRUCE ADAMSON, MARAUDER, HWWKE 6X24, CPH..................22

PISTON
1. JONATHAN REYES, TX 200 MK 2, VMACH 11.5 FPE, NIKKO 10X50. JSB 7.9..37
2. BILL TRAMEL, HW 97, HAWKE, JSB 8.4.................................28
3. JAMES BRINKLEY, WISCHOMB JW 60, NIKKO 10X50, CP 7.9...............28
4. LARRY PIRRONE, TX 200 VORTEK 11.5 FPE, HAWKE, JSB 7.9..............22

PISTOL
RON JOBBES,BROCOCK AIMX,CENTER PT 16X. CP .22.........................12

SUN SHINING BUT WINDY AND COLD. GUSTING MULTI DIRECTIONAL WINDS. WE SHOT AN ABREVIATED MATCH. JONATHAN REYES SHOT AN AMAZING SCORE UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES BUT PARTICULARLY AMAZING IN THE EVER CHANGING MULTI DIRECTIONAL WINDS. HE AIN'T A NATIONAL CHAMP FOR NOTHIN.

YOURS TRUELY GOT THOROUGHLY SPANKED BY JAMES AND BILL. WHAT CAN ONE SAY. WORST MATCH I SHOT IN ABOUT A YEAR. ADDED 30 OZ OF WEIGHT TO MY GUN AND IT SEEMS TO MAKE IT MORE HOLD SENSATIVE. GOTTA BLAME IT ON SOMETHING.

BILL TRAMEL IS DOING EXCEPTIONALY WELL FOR SUCH A NEW SHOOTER. I THINK THIS WAS HIS FOURTH EVER FT MATCH. FAST LEARNER.

November 29th, 2010, 5:40 am #2

Some good scores there despite the wind! I bet it was the added weight that gotcha, figure all that extra weight on the butt combined with the wind made prolly gave ya tons of muzzle flip as the wind caught your stock with that weighted pivot point!!!

Regards,

Tony

November 29th, 2010, 6:08 am #3

OPEN PCP
1. DOUG MILLER, MW, P70, NIKKO 10X50,.......................38
2. VIPHA MILLER, P70, NIKKO,................................37
3. TIM MCMURRAY, USFT,......................................34
4. AL WATERFORD, STEYR LG110, NIKKO 8X32, 10.6..............21

HUNTER
1. LARRY DURHAM, USFT HUNTER, TASCO 10X, CRP,................33

PISTON

PISTOL

SUN SHINING BUT WINDY AND COLD. GUSTING MULTI DIRECTIONAL WINDS. WE SHOT AN ABREVIATED MATCH. JONATHAN REYES SHOT AN AMAZING SCORE UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES BUT PARTICULARLY AMAZING IN THE EVER CHANGING MULTI DIRECTIONAL WINDS. HE AIN'T A NATIONAL CHAMP FOR NOTHIN.

YOURS TRUELY GOT THOROUGHLY SPANKED BY JAMES AND BILL. WHAT CAN ONE SAY. WORST MATCH I SHOT IN ABOUT A YEAR. ADDED 30 OZ OF WEIGHT TO MY GUN AND IT SEEMS TO MAKE IT MORE HOLD SENSATIVE. GOTTA BLAME IT ON SOMETHING.

BILL TRAMEL IS DOING EXCEPTIONALY WELL FOR SUCH A NEW SHOOTER. I THINK THIS WAS HIS FOURTH EVER FT MATCH. FAST LEARNER.
not see your report earlier,..I wuz thinking maybe you were 'under' the weather.. lol..

November 29th, 2010, 6:19 am #4

and needed an adjustment. some nice icecream did the trick.

November 29th, 2010, 6:26 am #5

Some good scores there despite the wind! I bet it was the added weight that gotcha, figure all that extra weight on the butt combined with the wind made prolly gave ya tons of muzzle flip as the wind caught your stock with that weighted pivot point!!!

Regards,

Tony
so i am not dialed in. when i added the weight i had to add about 15 clicks of negative elevation right away. still, i missed some easy ones on second shots because i got complacent after hitting the first shot, then i blew all four offhand. that sinched it really.

November 29th, 2010, 6:35 am #6

When ya make changes to a springer isn't it?!?!

No doubt, springers want your undivided attention and consistency regarding details and spatial awarenes!

Once ya dial back in, should be an easier gun to shoot with the extra weight...

Regards,

Tony

November 29th, 2010, 2:59 pm #7

so i am not dialed in. when i added the weight i had to add about 15 clicks of negative elevation right away. still, i missed some easy ones on second shots because i got complacent after hitting the first shot, then i blew all four offhand. that sinched it really.
When I shoot my TX with the 4200 Elite 8-32 and a BKL 260 mount it seems far steadier than the Burris 8-32 which is mounted a little higher. Also have one with the 44 Mag Simmons that has to be higher and it seems the same as the Burris. I guess the higher center of gravity is not to my liking.

November 29th, 2010, 5:15 pm #8

When ya make changes to a springer isn't it?!?!

No doubt, springers want your undivided attention and consistency regarding details and spatial awarenes!

Once ya dial back in, should be an easier gun to shoot with the extra weight...

Regards,

Tony
normally i wear a single layer of clothing. using the butt hook i very carefully locate the butt pad in the same place on my shoulder for every shot. i can feel the location very well with a single layer. yesterday i was wearing multiple layers with a thick fleese overshirt. i think this allowed the butt to move around from shot to shot. it was difficult to feel the butt pad and butt hook. it only takes a small amount of change here to change the poi by quite a bit. my normal hold is fairly light into the shoulder but with all that extra padding it would be easier for the butt to move than with a thin layer. it may not have been the extra weight at all.

looking at my card the misses are evenly distributed over the entire card. almost symetrical between first and second shots with two more misses on second shots than on first shots.

all of this stuff is what makes springer shooting so intrigeuing. there are so many variables and the requirement to constantly analyze how you are executing.

November 29th, 2010, 6:45 pm #9

They sure do like consistent everything, hold/pressure/contact points/temps/etc.!!!

Normally does your TX seem happy with a butthook?

Does it create any poi shifts going from seated to off hand or angled shots like the FT Target in the tree?

Regards,

Tony

November 29th, 2010, 6:50 pm #10

OPEN PCP
1. DOUG MILLER, MW, P70, NIKKO 10X50,.......................38
2. VIPHA MILLER, P70, NIKKO,................................37
3. TIM MCMURRAY, USFT,......................................34
4. AL WATERFORD, STEYR LG110, NIKKO 8X32, 10.6..............21

HUNTER
1. LARRY DURHAM, USFT HUNTER, TASCO 10X, CRP,................33

PISTON

PISTOL

<p>I understand Ron was hitting the 40+ shots, better than some of the Rifle persons.</p><p>WOW .22 cal 571fps 16x</p><p>That Ron is pretty good if I say so...</p>

"A woulda got a higher score if I hadn't missed so many"

Ron @ CASA