Calling All Global Airgunnners_______2012 Wolrds

Calling All Global Airgunnners_______2012 Wolrds

September 19th, 2011, 2:31 pm #1

Hello Everyone.

The 2011 Worlds in Italy have just ended and we already need to start planning for the 2012 Worlds in Norway.

We'll need to coordinate our applications through the AAFTA at the request of the Norwegian planners.

The dates are 16 thru 19 August 2012. More information is available here

http://www.freewebs.com/nftac/wftfworlds2012.htm

The reason for the early planning is that the slots are limited to 150 total. There were 231 players in Italy.

I'm trying to "lead turn" the planning and start a list of guys interested in attending. I assume that I'll hand this off to the AAFTA point man, Ron Carlson, in the near future. Since I'm not operating in an official capacity I may end up "doing a fade" from the planning picture soon. (I hope I'm not pissing anyone off by posting this.LOL)

My real interest is to put together a Springer Team for the USA as I was the only US Springer shooter at the Worlds in Italy. I'm more than happy to start organizing any PCP players who want to attend also.

This is something that you won't want to miss.

You can email me at knobwaffe@yahoo.com

Regards

Knobs

September 19th, 2011, 3:25 pm #2

nt

September 19th, 2011, 4:08 pm #3

Hello Everyone.

The 2011 Worlds in Italy have just ended and we already need to start planning for the 2012 Worlds in Norway.

We'll need to coordinate our applications through the AAFTA at the request of the Norwegian planners.

The reason for the early planning is that the slots are limited to 150 total. There were 231 players in Italy.

I'm trying to "lead turn" the planning and start a list of guys interested in attending. I assume that I'll hand this off to the AAFTA point man, Ron Carlson, in the near future. Since I'm not operating in an official capacity I may end up "doing a fade" from the planning picture soon. (I hope I'm not pissing anyone off by posting this.LOL)

My real interest is to put together a Springer Team for the USA as I was the only US Springer shooter at the Worlds in Italy. I'm more than happy to start organizing any PCP players who want to attend also.

Regards

Knobs
I'd like some input from the shooters that were able to attend this year's match and other interested parties in setting up a course/match that resembles what was seen in Italy and may be encountered in Norway.

I have everything necessary to set up a suitable venue for practice and can host a two day match if there is enough interested parties.

From what I've seen so far there were many more up angle shots but what else?

Thanks,

Paul

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
Those who understand binary and those who don't.

September 19th, 2011, 4:11 pm #4

.......your range would be a fantastic place for great training. Not just because of the terrain and venue, but it's run by an exraordinarily versatile shooter!

Knobs

September 19th, 2011, 4:17 pm #5

nt
.....would you be so kind as to send an short "After Action" report of the Worlds in Italy down to Paul Oswalt?

He's mainly interested in setting up the best Worlds Training Range in the US.

Warm Regards

Knobs

September 19th, 2011, 9:22 pm #6

Hello Everyone.

Regards

Knobs
Knobs,

Put me on your list too. I have every intention to go if I can free up the time. Italy was fun and I think Norway will be a blast!

Harold
Harold Rushton

September 19th, 2011, 9:45 pm #7

I'd like some input from the shooters that were able to attend this year's match and other interested parties in setting up a course/match that resembles what was seen in Italy and may be encountered in Norway.

I have everything necessary to set up a suitable venue for practice and can host a two day match if there is enough interested parties.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

Just let me know when you want to run a WFTF match and I'm in! Below are some pictures that I borrowed from the web that should give you some idea of the challenges on the course. Keep in mind that we shot one shot per target, two targets per lane with three minutes total on each lane. Also, keep in mind that probably 75% of the targets were beyond 45 yards. So, doping the wind and taking long shots over and over is a key to success. A lot of the lanes were also spaced out a long distance, so it took some major hiking to get from lane to lane. That kept the heart rate high.

Take care,

Harold

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Harold Rushton

September 19th, 2011, 9:50 pm #8

Hello Everyone.

Regards

Knobs
Verónika and myself will be making every possible effort to go.

Last year I posted with a lot of advance notice, links to photos of the Velo D'Astico venue. I think we also need to do that this year. We need to have as much "intel" as possible. I also agree with you that a springer team would be the best way to go.

The other thing is that we should be requesting from the AAFTA, or the AAFTA should delegate on, someone; some capacity to organize other basic stuff such as arrival hotels, accomodations at the venue, transport/van rental to and from everywhere, maybe even some sponsoring.

As the winter goes forward, we will have less time to shoot and more time to plan and strategize.

So, count us in.

Un Abrazo!

Héctor

September 19th, 2011, 9:58 pm #9

Hello Everyone.

Regards

Knobs
For a very strong probable provided work doesn't prevent and Hans for probably not.

<p>A Team PCP Tuning Document</p><p>Field Target Locations GeoCache (GPS file)</p>(please note the site does go down with high
traffic so check back if it isn't available)
<p>YouTube Videos</p>

September 20th, 2011, 12:26 am #10

Thanks,

Paul

Okay, I've got some rearranging to do. I'm going to move some target bases. I don't know if y'all remember but there's a pretty good hill to hump across that right of way. I'll be using 50 targets or so and will utilize some new lanes in the mix. We're running 10 lanes on the bottom and I have at least 8 of 20 going up the hill that can be used right now. The main difference that I can see is that there will be 4 targets per lane, one shot per target with 13 lanes. That's what I'm thinking right now.

My plan it to kill two birds with one stone. Setting the course to better facilitate the WFTF style match will also be good for those shooting Hunter and Open. It's going to be good practice for everyone.

Harold, I was thinking about early December but that may not fly. What month is the match in Norway? I'd like to have a two day match before hand but as it will be set up, every monthly match will be set along these lines and be good practice.

Paul