Cajun's Match: Special "Thanks"...

Cajun's Match: Special "Thanks"...

April 23rd, 2012, 3:47 pm #1

Just a quick note of appreciation to:
1) Walt Roller & Ken Hughes - for their help in taking my gun apart after the shoot on Saturday (spring is not broken, seal looks OK... just had too much lube around the piston & spring, causing "dieseling", and "flyers" as a result).

2) Charles Garvey - For oferring to let me share his gun on Sunday... I took him up on his offer, and I'm glad I did... Wow!, he's got that Rekord trigger set like a PCP.

3) And, of course, to the hosting club - for yet another great Cajun's match (my 10th in a row)... Food was great, and the BBQ on Saturday was almost as good as our Texas-style BBQ (just kidding Greg - LOL).

HookEm
P.S.
Kudos to David Alsup for shooting the PFT course with a loaner gun, and virtually "cleaning" what I'd consider a VERY difficult course, and in the process beating us all (and the owner of the gun... He, he).

April 23rd, 2012, 7:44 pm #2

Walt always has tools with him when he travels just for those types of situations and we were glad to be able to lend a hand. Wish we could have found a way to get your speed back up to where you wanted it to be.
Charles's guns usually do shoot well as he takes a lot of time to get them set up really well and tuned well. It was very nice of him to let you use his rifle to finish the match.

I will add my thanks to the Bayou Airgun club members for doing the hard work to host one of the great monument matches of the year, as they have for the past 23 years! That is an impressive record.

It was great seeing everyone again. The match directors called the weather perfectly and the match went off in fine fashion with fantastic food and fun side events that kept us entertained all day. David Alsup was the pistol master and Charles was the Red Ryder champion killing balloons with great abandon. I almost had him but those dam slow bleed ballons!! AARRR!! Maybe next time.

See everyone in June at the Good 'Ol Boys in TN.

Ken Hughes

April 23rd, 2012, 8:15 pm #3

1) Walt Roller & Ken Hughes - for their help in taking my gun apart after the shoot on Saturday (spring is not broken, seal looks OK... just had too much lube around the piston & spring, causing "dieseling", and "flyers" as a result).

2) Charles Garvey - For oferring to let me share his gun on Sunday... I took him up on his offer, and I'm glad I did... Wow!, he's got that Rekord trigger set like a PCP.

3) And, of course, to the hosting club - for yet another great Cajun's match (my 10th in a row)... Food was great, and the BBQ on Saturday was almost as good as our Texas-style BBQ (just kidding Greg - LOL).

HookEm
P.S.
Kudos to David Alsup for shooting the PFT course with a loaner gun, and virtually "cleaning" what I'd consider a VERY difficult course, and in the process beating us all (and the owner of the gun... He, he).
It's always a blast to go to the Cajun's!

Thanks to Bubbie and Rosie, Greg and Paul Plauche, Jack and everyone else that made what is one of the FT year's highlights.

Keep hosting them, and we'll keep on coming! LOL!

Great shoot!

See if you can find the Wily Weasel in the picture:

Hard enough to keep all the great PCP shooters from cleaning the course, smooth enough for us spring shooters to be definitely interested!

Kneelers and standers, targets in trees, FAAaaaaarrrrr away targets, and completely black targets in REALLY dark lanes in a really cloudy day was, indeeed a challenge. But that is what shooting is all about: learning.

This 12 ft-lbs game is a little bit humbling, I have to admit. But as a good friend once said: "serious shooters are more troubled by faceplate hits felling the target than by paddle hits failing to bring it down".

We did miss some of the friends, like Bill Day, Steve V., Doug V., Kevin Y., Dutch, Hans A. and Ray; and others too numerous to mention, hopefully next year we'll see some of them.

It was great meeting and sharing lunch with all the usual gang of "suspects"

Thanks to all and hopefully see "y'all" soon!

Un Abrazo!

H�ctor

April 23rd, 2012, 8:57 pm #4

HookEm
P.S.
See you at the GOB...c