Cajun day 2

Cajun day 2

April 23rd, 2012, 2:34 am #1

Just getting unpacked from my second Cajun shoot. I had to miss last year due to overlapping schedules and after the fun from this weekend I regret missing last year! As I mentioned yesterday, we started off a little soggy but today was a 180 turn from yesterday! We had fantastic weather cool in the morning warming up shortly after hot line was called... We switched courses from yesterday to finish the second half of the Cajun Classic. Todays course had a nice variety of both long and short targets with a good mix of kill zone sizes. Bright sun and shadows added to the challenge for course conditions. A little wind here and there but overall was pleasant day!

Here are some photos from today's course. I was on the PCP course so I was only able to capture from this angle. Hopefully someone from the other course got to snap a photo or two to share from the WFTF, Piston and Hunter classes.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

If you happen accross this mean little guy ever..!! AVOID! This little fuzzy fella will make for a bad day!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I snapped the photo prior to the shootoff for 2 and 3 place. David won the shootoff for 2nd and Bubby for 3rd.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Shootoff photos
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Collecting Hardware photos:

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The Texans
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Group Hardware collectors!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks to the Cajuns for providing a good event and lots of good food! This is a fantastic venue overall with the setting and location. Folks if you are looking for a nice shoot to visit, put this on your calendar for next time!

April 23rd, 2012, 4:10 am #2

The pictures of the venue looked fantastic and the scores were close, and it looked as though everyone was having a great time.

I look forward to making it to a lot of the shoots around the country, but that may have to wait until I retire.

Funny though, David still doesn't look like he weighs 150 lbs, even with a pocket full of nickels....LOL

Best regards,
Mark

April 23rd, 2012, 5:30 am #3

Just getting unpacked from my second Cajun shoot. I had to miss last year due to overlapping schedules and after the fun from this weekend I regret missing last year! As I mentioned yesterday, we started off a little soggy but today was a 180 turn from yesterday! We had fantastic weather cool in the morning warming up shortly after hot line was called... We switched courses from yesterday to finish the second half of the Cajun Classic. Todays course had a nice variety of both long and short targets with a good mix of kill zone sizes. Bright sun and shadows added to the challenge for course conditions. A little wind here and there but overall was pleasant day!

Here are some photos from today's course. I was on the PCP course so I was only able to capture from this angle. Hopefully someone from the other course got to snap a photo or two to share from the WFTF, Piston and Hunter classes.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

If you happen accross this mean little guy ever..!! AVOID! This little fuzzy fella will make for a bad day!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

I snapped the photo prior to the shootoff for 2 and 3 place. David won the shootoff for 2nd and Bubby for 3rd.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Shootoff photos
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The Texans
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks to the Cajuns for providing a good event and lots of good food! This is a fantastic venue overall with the setting and location. Folks if you are looking for a nice shoot to visit, put this on your calendar for next time!
It was a pleasure shooting with you Johnny. You and several other great shooters there kept the pressure up all weekend. I had a great time at the match, and enjoyed every minute of it.

As usual, the Cajuns set up a fine match, brought in great food, and afforded us some fine hospitality! Thanks to all that made it happen. I know that you guys put in a lot of work, and your labor has not gone un-noticed.

I look forward to seeing you guys in Baton Rouge again next year!

Take care,

Harold Rushton
Last edited by Thepointman on April 23rd, 2012, 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harold Rushton

April 23rd, 2012, 1:53 pm #4

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Shootoff photos
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The Texans
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Right on Tribe Yegua, way to shoot!

April 23rd, 2012, 3:29 pm #5

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Shootoff photos
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

The Texans
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

And how about them GOB's!!!! Congrats to all the winners, but a special shout out to my GOB pardners - WAY TO GO GOB!!!!!

I kick myself every spring for not being able to make this match. Hopefully there's next year. I also hope everyone that attended the Cajuns can make the GOB Match in June. Hope to see you all then.

Vines

April 23rd, 2012, 7:46 pm #6

Right on Tribe Yegua, way to shoot!
I can't begin to do justice describing how fantastic the Cajun Classic is (always), nor how fine Cajun folk really are... other than to say I fell in love with the venue and people (not just Rosie) with my first exposure. This week-end rates near the top of my life experiences, thanks largely to the Baton Rouge Airgun Club and members. I won't try to thank each one individually, but please consider yourselves duly thanked.
In usual Texan fashion, the Yegua members came to pillage all the hardware... and almost suceeded! However my own elation is dampened by some regret.
1) My Hunter Class success wouldn't have been possible without club-mate Doug Witkowski's mechanical misfortune (leaky breech-seal). Doug's day one 56/60 is a SUPER-HUMAN Hunter Class effort by any measure.
2) Mike Vredenburg's absence left a void felt not only by the Texas contingent, but the whole bunch of attendees. Don't yet know the reason for Mike's absence, but suffice to say I was asked by no less than a half-dozen non-Texans where Mike was. You were sorely missed, Bud.
3) I had hoped to finally meet internet buddy Dan Kennison in person. Unfortunately I neglected to e-mail him in advance to arrange it, and (my luck) I missed the opportunity to put a face to the (colorful) personality. MY BAD, Dano... and my apologies Amigo.
Nevertheless, 2012 Cajuns was an awesome FT experience of the highest order. Thanks to everyone that helped make it possible.
Last edited by compressive on April 23rd, 2012, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2012, 7:49 pm #7

If Art and Mike had joined the Texas contingent, we probably WOULD have pillaged all the prizes!

April 23rd, 2012, 8:11 pm #8

I can't begin to do justice describing how fantastic the Cajun Classic is (always), nor how fine Cajun folk really are... other than to say I fell in love with the venue and people (not just Rosie) with my first exposure. This week-end rates near the top of my life experiences, thanks largely to the Baton Rouge Airgun Club and members. I won't try to thank each one individually, but please consider yourselves duly thanked.
In usual Texan fashion, the Yegua members came to pillage all the hardware... and almost suceeded! However my own elation is dampened by some regret.
1) My Hunter Class success wouldn't have been possible without club-mate Doug Witkowski's mechanical misfortune (leaky breech-seal). Doug's day one 56/60 is a SUPER-HUMAN Hunter Class effort by any measure.
2) Mike Vredenburg's absence left a void felt not only by the Texas contingent, but the whole bunch of attendees. Don't yet know the reason for Mike's absence, but suffice to say I was asked by no less than a half-dozen non-Texans where Mike was. You were sorely missed, Bud.
3) I had hoped to finally meet internet buddy Dan Kennison in person. Unfortunately I neglected to e-mail him in advance to arrange it, and (my luck) I missed the opportunity to put a face to the (colorful) personality. MY BAD, Dano... and my apologies Amigo.
Nevertheless, 2012 Cajuns was an awesome FT experience of the highest order. Thanks to everyone that helped make it possible.
That Carlos didn't show up too ;>) and who is dat "witty" dude? Was he shootin a TM? You know its not uncommon for new shooters to "choke" on the second day of a big shoot. I know I have many times. Thank God, I don't choke anymore! I've graduated to "brain farts" and they are much easier to explain. Good Shootin! P.S "What's in your wallet"
Last edited by dayjd on April 23rd, 2012, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2012, 9:09 pm #9

If Art and Mike had joined the Texas contingent, we probably WOULD have pillaged all the prizes!
Thank`s for the Red Ryder rapid fire lesson Ron.....nt

April 23rd, 2012, 9:40 pm #10

That Carlos didn't show up too ;>) and who is dat "witty" dude? Was he shootin a TM? You know its not uncommon for new shooters to "choke" on the second day of a big shoot. I know I have many times. Thank God, I don't choke anymore! I've graduated to "brain farts" and they are much easier to explain. Good Shootin! P.S "What's in your wallet"
Have to admit feeling a bit relieved about my chances since you and Carlos weren't there! That's a compliment... or at least as close as one can expect from a Texan. Hope all's well with you and your's.
Last edited by compressive on April 23rd, 2012, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.