Buy a Plinkster!

December 9th, 2017, 2:57 pm #1

Mrodair has them for $109 TYD! I like mine so much I just sold my QB and ordered a second one! You won't be disappointed.

December 9th, 2017, 5:23 pm #2

I love my Plinkster too. FWIW, earlier this year I posted a review of my Plinkster on this forum that should be easy enough for anyone interested to track down. I couldn't resist forgoing a bit of functionality in favor of aesthetics on my Plinkster by mounting a vintage scope that seemed to (me) accentuate the lovely profile of the Plinkster. I do that sometimes (choose aesthetics over functionality)

I just ordered a .22 Air Max Precision Mk 2 pistol. At $189 I figure I can monkey around with it to my hearts delight without feeling ANY guilt-pangs whatsoever.

December 9th, 2017, 8:54 pm #3

...with a Sun Optics shorty 40, and I'll tell you what, it SHOOTS great, and it LOOKS great. I am amazed by the quality machining and fit and finish that you can get for $109 TYD! Remarkable value. If you haven't bought one yet, do so now before the price rises to equal the value.

December 10th, 2017, 12:38 am #4

Mrodair has them for $109 TYD! I like mine so much I just sold my QB and ordered a second one! You won't be disappointed.
Which caliber seems to have the best barrel?

January 10th, 2018, 10:23 pm #5

I have the Plinkster in .17 and love it. Nice little shooter. Now I want to put a scope on it. What kind of SCOPE MOUNTS are you guys using?

January 20th, 2018, 7:29 pm #6

I experimented with a BKL 3" cantilever mount, which looked great, but wouldn't clear the magazine. I'm using a Sun Optics Shorty 40, so I dug up a pair of Millett windage-adjustable medium/high rings, one in front, and one behind the breech opening. The Millett rings are really well made, but a little finicky to mount, especially if you move scopes around a lot, like I do.

Depending on your scope objective size, a good set of BKL single strap rings should be fool-proof. These guns have zero recoil, so it doesn't take much.

January 20th, 2018, 7:50 pm #7

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/me ... der%2C+etc.

What a difference! Makes a good gun great! Install tip: superglue the spacers to the sear. That way it all goes in as one piece, making alignment issues a breeze.

January 23rd, 2018, 4:48 am #8

I took off an AR and used some rings I had laying around. Works great. I like the scope, light and bright. I usually like higher magnification, but I am kinda liking this set-up for now.

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold-VX-3i-1- ... lex+170675

Thanks for the tip on the trigger. I may just get one.