BURGO

BURGO

December 31st, 2006, 3:28 am #1

Thissssssss one came today. Goessssssss with my Burgo rifle.

Enjoy,

ssssssssssssSnake

q1q

December 31st, 2006, 3:29 am #2

nt

Steve
Yellow Forums Owner
http://www.yellowforum.com

"Evil happens when good people do nothing""

December 31st, 2006, 3:58 am #3

Enjoy,

ssssssssssssSnake

Did Burgo contract these from CZ?

December 31st, 2006, 4:22 am #4

BSF S20 pistol. The Burgo name was used on BSF then later on HW guns after Weihrauch aquired BSF.

December 31st, 2006, 12:18 pm #5

Dave, a minor correction, the "Burgo" name was used on HW guns many years before HW acquired BSF. Burgo was the trade name of a large distributor, just like Beeman or RWS they handled many makes of guns over the years, including some of the very earliest Weihrauch airguns from the mid-1950's.

This is a Burgo-branded HW 50 from the early 1960's. Note the buttplate and checkered grip, which are upgrade details seldom seen under HW's own label.

The pistol above was indeed a BSF, though. Here is an early BSF S20 "Match" version, note the improved adjustable rear sight. This gun was an interesting design--it uses the same action as the little BSF model 30 junior rifle, with a short tapered barrel and suitably "bullpupped" trigger layout.

ZVP

January 13th, 2007, 9:22 am #6

Enjoy,

ssssssssssssSnake

<P>&nbsp;Snnnnakkkkie, </P>
<P>&nbsp;SHAME on you! </P>
<P>&nbsp;That is&nbsp;INDEED an S-20 variation. &nbsp;(Just funnin!)</P>
<P>&nbsp;The ZVP looks similar, but is way more "Agricurtial". The sights are semi-fixed (Hammer-tap&nbsp; both F/R for windage...) and the Rear elevates via a setscrew. The Velocity of the ZVP hovers between 370 and 410 depending on mainspring and seal condition. (Mine, with a fresh Slavia TEX Model-3 mainspring does 400+ with Hobbies).
The ZVP is quite a bit smoother functioning due to the lower power level and is capable of suprising preformance at 25 yards in spite of the more rudimentary sights. The CZ ZVP's Luger-like Wooden gripframe like the S-20, fcomfortablly fits nearly all hands and balances well. </P>
<P>&nbsp;The&nbsp; BSF S-20 has an adjustable trigger (acessed with a setscrew at the piston's Breech/endcap and the BSF barrel is slightlly longer. The BSF sights are very well made and actually finelly adjustable&nbsp;considering the period in which the Pistol was manufactured. It's power level usually approached 450fps (In .177, I don't know if any .22 caliber was ever made?). Due to the higher power cocking was harder and firing manners were more pronounced than it's Czech compeditor.</P>
<P>&nbsp;Both Pistols shared the marketplace initally, but the S-20 outlived the ZVP. CZ opted to refine the ZVP and morphed it into the TEX Models. Production of the CZ TEX ceased with the Model-3. The Factory refused to further modify the design to include a Manual Safety and the CZ's importation here to the USA ended when stockpiles of the model ran out.</P>
<P>&nbsp;The fate of the S-20 was far different. It's demise occured with the aquisitions, absourbtions, and&nbsp;the sale of&nbsp; BSF lines to it's Geaman compeditor.&nbsp;The very&nbsp;Accurate, dependable, and powerfull S-20 Pistol&nbsp; likewise dissapeared as inventories were sold off. As evidenced above, there ARE a number still popping up on the used market from time to time.</P>
<P>&nbsp;Do shoot and enjoy this fine old pistol of yours!</P>
<P>&nbsp;Your old buddy,</P>
<P>&nbsp;ZVP ( aka: Dave N.)</P>