bum bag filler

bum bag filler

October 11th, 2017, 3:52 pm #1

I know. this has been addressed a thousand times but the search did not find it. I fill my bag with pet bedding but it is really too heavy. I want something light but that does not break down and molds well. I was thinking maybe hollow plastic beads. What are you folks using. Where do you find it?

October 11th, 2017, 3:59 pm #2

John Eroh fills his with cut up pellet tin protectors, very light.

October 11th, 2017, 4:02 pm #3

Do you mean the ones Pyramid uses? nt

October 11th, 2017, 4:15 pm #4

I use the open cell foam packaging Pyramyd Air uses to ship the tins of pellets as filler for my bum bag.
Dice (cut) them up into 1" cubes. They compress, recover and are very light.
I also use them in my knee roll.
Last edited by gonzav71 on October 11th, 2017, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 11th, 2017, 6:01 pm #5

very light but you have to keep adding till they quit compressing.Don

October 11th, 2017, 8:12 pm #6

I know. this has been addressed a thousand times but the search did not find it. I fill my bag with pet bedding but it is really too heavy. I want something light but that does not break down and molds well. I was thinking maybe hollow plastic beads. What are you folks using. Where do you find it?
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Poly-Fil-Mic ... g/12356347

It does compress, but it takes a few months. It forms to your butt really well.

K

October 12th, 2017, 2:46 am #7

I'm using buck wheat hulls; several other shooters have used this. Its really light, does not compress, adapts to your bum well and is very comfortable, and best of all much easier to fill than styrofoam pellets (which I found fly every where due to static electrical charge). You can find several sources on Amazon.

October 12th, 2017, 10:43 am #8

position and stays there. Absolutely no slipping. But I don't say they are light as my bag weighs 8 lbs. Of course I want to be at the 6" height restriction for AAFTA.

The stability, and fact it can be shaped against angled shooter boxes, make it worth the weight. Oh and it has been in my bag for 2.5 years with no appreciable loss of loft......

October 12th, 2017, 1:11 pm #9

beads. As Paul said, not light. Like carrying a stack of bricks LOL. Don
Last edited by doninva1 on October 12th, 2017, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 12th, 2017, 2:42 pm #10

Went to the local dollar store and picked up 3 High Density foam garden kneeling mats ....

They are about 18" long by 9" wide by about an inch think ....

Cut them into strips and feed them through my yard leaf and waste shredder ...

they came out looking like this ....

Perfect amount to fill my bum bag .... water proof .. they don't disintegrate over time , light weight and they give fantastic firm but cushioned support.

That was 4 years ago .... and my bag is still good.

[url[/img][/url]

[url[/img][/url]