Bum bag - best place to get one and best fill material?

Bum bag - best place to get one and best fill material?

July 11th, 2017, 6:57 pm #1

I have alarge rear end. Let's just be real about it. So as I consider showing up to a match with what I have used in the past - boating floation cushions - it occurs to me that a proper bum bag filled with buck wheat shells is in order.... atleast thatis what I get the imperssion I should be using.

What reccomendations do you have and where etc?

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john

July 11th, 2017, 7:45 pm #3

I have alarge rear end. Let's just be real about it. So as I consider showing up to a match with what I have used in the past - boating floation cushions - it occurs to me that a proper bum bag filled with buck wheat shells is in order.... atleast thatis what I get the imperssion I should be using.

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john
It's from Airguns of Arizona. It is a Daystate bag. All cordura. I use the buckwheat hulls that I bought at Amazon.com....

The bag retails around $60 if they still carry them. Very well built quality as the name indicates. Their are probley less expensive ones out there. Try eBay...

July 11th, 2017, 7:53 pm #4

Just ckd, AOA still has them for $59.99 Made by Primal Gear

July 11th, 2017, 7:55 pm #5

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john
Google it with THAT spelling. The spelling seems foreign, but the company is owned by a Brit-American, residing in Tennessee.

I prefer buckwheat hulls. Heavier than most other fillers, but superior for finding/fine-tuning comfortable, STABLE shooting positions. Again, Google can locate sources.

July 11th, 2017, 8:32 pm #6

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john
Yoga Cushion w Buckwheat fill...
the buckwheat won't squish over time and the cost is less than what true "bum bags" cost -- $33 from Amazon.
Have had this one for about 5 years now and have had 0 problems and no compression.
Some people like the squishy, though, as it gives them a more stable seat. just something to think about.
https://www.amazon.com/Buckwheat-Therap ... =yoga+seat

July 11th, 2017, 11:28 pm #7

Google it with THAT spelling. The spelling seems foreign, but the company is owned by a Brit-American, residing in Tennessee.

I prefer buckwheat hulls. Heavier than most other fillers, but superior for finding/fine-tuning comfortable, STABLE shooting positions. Again, Google can locate sources.
He was selling some of the bum bags at the Cajun Classic. He was way less then other for them. He is in Tenn and shoot with the
Good Ol Boys club as well at his own club.

July 12th, 2017, 12:14 am #8

It's from Airguns of Arizona. It is a Daystate bag. All cordura. I use the buckwheat hulls that I bought at Amazon.com....

The bag retails around $60 if they still carry them. Very well built quality as the name indicates. Their are probley less expensive ones out there. Try eBay...
Anyone that sits on it usually buys one like it.

July 12th, 2017, 12:51 am #9

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john
Their bag is large, maybe even considered extra large. It forms around my bottom well. As for fill I use what it came with(mostly compressed now) and random sized cut up pieces of the shipping rings your pellets come in from PA. I can wiggle my way into a comfortable position and when I'm done the filling returns to form. I got the Idea from Leo G.
Last edited by jroh1 on July 12th, 2017, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 12th, 2017, 12:53 am #10

Thank you for your help.

~GOD BLESS~

john
it to about 60 to 75% of it's capacity. I want to be able to use the edge of it only with about an inch or two of fill, when I want my butt lowered and/or my knee higher for uphill shots.

I've used that same cork supplier and the recylced stuff is just fine at $3.44 or whatever per pound. I bought some about 5 years ago and have worn out the bags, and just moved the cork into a new bag.. it's still holding up like new.

Wayne Burns
Ashland Air Rifle Range