Broken Spring?

Broken Spring?

December 6th, 2017, 10:23 pm #1

Recently acquired a BSA Scorpion pistol of somewhat questionable ancestry. I've disassembled it down to the spring tube. Everything looks reasonably good inside...moly lube inside, not too much, not too little. I don't want to put it back together and find out it has a broken spring, but I also don't want to go all thru the hassle of disassembling the spring, piston, etc., and find nothing wrong.

Anyone have any experience with these things? Synthetic seal? Did they last or is it likely due for replacement? If the spring is broken would I be able to see it thru the cocking slot in the spring tube?

Thoughts? Recommendations? Comments?

Motorman48
St. Louis, MO

December 6th, 2017, 11:53 pm #2

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24705/Mk1/

https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24706/Mk2/

you will notice that there is a MK1 and MK2

PW031 is a component that will fail in time and then you van see the fun begins by take that all apart

that would be your best parts source and they are great with service

that all I have
Last edited by marflow on December 6th, 2017, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 8th, 2017, 6:09 pm #3

Recently acquired a BSA Scorpion pistol of somewhat questionable ancestry. I've disassembled it down to the spring tube. Everything looks reasonably good inside...moly lube inside, not too much, not too little. I don't want to put it back together and find out it has a broken spring, but I also don't want to go all thru the hassle of disassembling the spring, piston, etc., and find nothing wrong.

Anyone have any experience with these things? Synthetic seal? Did they last or is it likely due for replacement? If the spring is broken would I be able to see it thru the cocking slot in the spring tube?

Thoughts? Recommendations? Comments?

Motorman48
St. Louis, MO
It has a synthetic piston seal.