BMI 24.4...

BMI 24.4...

May 8th, 2012, 1:22 am #1

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/201 ... titialskip

30 pounds over your healthy weight and you are considered obese.

May 8th, 2012, 2:41 am #2

For example, I am 6'2" tall, weight is 198lbs. The BMI calculator says that my BMI is 25.4. However, for a recent extensive physical and medical exam, my BMI was measured not using a simple program or finger scale. Instead, the BMI test consisted of skin fold test, pinch test, etc. My true BMI is 21.4.

The BMI calculator does not take in to account athletic build and framed people - it measures 'normal' framed, sedentary people the doctor explained. Sure, I am lean. My wife says that my skin looks like thin flesh over meat. She doesn't find it too appealing. Not overly buff by any means, but a tuned body.

You'd be surprised what eating healty foods combined with healthy diet and exercise will do. Bawana, if you are wondering, we do eat nothing but local meats free of junk. We also eat organic fruits and veggies. Personally, the only thing that is noticeable, is the meat. Other than that, the veggies and fruit taste no different from one another, organic or not. All taste the same to me, unless it is just a bad fruit or what not.

My old running buddy back home was a hevier build guy. By the standards, he was overweight. Probably a true BMI of 30. But you know what? He can run marathons like the wind and is very healthy.

You're right, America is heading down the path of the turkey farm. Like we are getting heavier and heavier to prepare for the slaughter.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 8th, 2012, 1:43 pm #3

I recently saw on TV a new quick way to do BMI: men's waist measurement should be between 47 and 53% of their height in inches. I come out just slightly over the standard this way, despite my gut. Depends on where you think your waist is, and how low you wear your pants.

May 8th, 2012, 1:53 pm #4

Men do not and will not pack on weight in given areas like women will. Reasons due to anatomical and sex disposition. Women are designed to give birth, men are not.

Observe over weight women compared to over weight men. Most of the time you will find that women have a great deal more being carried around the waist, which effects the clothing size more greatly than a man of equal over weight status.

Female hormones must be a pain in the ***. Literally.

"The majority of things in our lives are created by folks no smarter than the rest. Afterall, the world is comprised, and operated by C average people intellctually, academically, and morally. These people are often the great pioneers that set the precedent for what excellence should be."

May 8th, 2012, 3:23 pm #5

Wife at 20.8. Kids at 16 or so. Kids call me fat.