Best Airgun Scope for 200$ video

Best Airgun Scope for 200$ video

June 15th, 2017, 11:24 am #1

June 15th, 2017, 11:52 am #2

How could number one be a non-Mil Dot scope? Witch scopes are not springer rated?

June 15th, 2017, 12:32 pm #3

That's the fun part of making videos like this . We all have different things that are important to us. I click and dial so mildots are cool .But I mostly don't use them . For me best glass , and good repeatable tracking , and holding zero are tops on my have to have list . The Nikon has the best glass in my opinion , and I've owned each one at one time or another .
If I used mildots the weaver Kaspa would have ranked higher for me . Good glass , but the one I had didn't track very well....But it held Zero Great !
I've used all if these on springers , but no magnum springers . I think everyone but the Aeon is springer good to go . That's main reason I listed Aeon lower on the list . Its a really nice scope , but they have a lot of returns , and stopped warranty on spring guns I was told .

June 15th, 2017, 1:42 pm #4

You can still click on a scope with mil dots, but a scope without them is not very useful for someone that uses them. If you really want to say best scopes for a given price range, you need to evaluate a whole bunch. Either that, or say something like "Of the scopes that I have owned, in my opinion, these are the best under $200".
I also noticed that your #9 is a non AO scope parallaxed at 100 yds! That's kind of useless for an airgun scope. One thing that needs to be reviewed for all airgun scopes is what the close parallax range is. If it's not down at 10 yds or less, it totally goes off my list as an airgun scope.
Last edited by DougWall on June 15th, 2017, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

June 15th, 2017, 1:52 pm #5

I didn't list the MANY junk scopes that spent more time going g back and forth for warranty work more than on a rifle
No way any two peoples list will be the same . But its fun compiling it and trying to figure which is best to just yourself .
I wouldn't have a problem buying any of the scopes again on my 100$ list ...But 2 of the scopes on this list I would pass on if needing another in this price range . But it was just because they didn't do well for the things most important to me . But for others it would be completely different

June 15th, 2017, 11:10 pm #6

That's the fun part of making videos like this . We all have different things that are important to us. I click and dial so mildots are cool .But I mostly don't use them . For me best glass , and good repeatable tracking , and holding zero are tops on my have to have list . The Nikon has the best glass in my opinion , and I've owned each one at one time or another .
If I used mildots the weaver Kaspa would have ranked higher for me . Good glass , but the one I had didn't track very well....But it held Zero Great !
I've used all if these on springers , but no magnum springers . I think everyone but the Aeon is springer good to go . That's main reason I listed Aeon lower on the list . Its a really nice scope , but they have a lot of returns , and stopped warranty on spring guns I was told .
Good Points :-)

June 16th, 2017, 8:05 pm #7

I didn't list the MANY junk scopes that spent more time going g back and forth for warranty work more than on a rifle
No way any two peoples list will be the same . But its fun compiling it and trying to figure which is best to just yourself .
I wouldn't have a problem buying any of the scopes again on my 100$ list ...But 2 of the scopes on this list I would pass on if needing another in this price range . But it was just because they didn't do well for the things most important to me . But for others it would be completely different
If you don't like someones videos , just make your own
And the non AO scope was just the pic , I wrote AO version in print at start . But no biggie . It is fun making them

June 18th, 2017, 3:05 am #8

http://www.opticsplanet.com/tasco-25-10 ... rmint.html

(Nice video, Joe. I moved my comments about the above scope to your post about sub-$100 scopes since it's even less than that price, but I wanted it to get a look here since it offers so much at its price point--thanks).
Last edited by ekmeister1 on June 18th, 2017, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.