benjamin disco floating barrel

benjamin disco floating barrel

September 19th, 2010, 3:40 am #1

is it posible to make i benjamin disco freefloating barrel. eliminating the barrel bands

September 19th, 2010, 4:07 am #2

Now my barrel band is at the front and I can make one hole at 30 yds with the right pellets.

September 19th, 2010, 4:09 am #3

is it posible to make i benjamin disco freefloating barrel. eliminating the barrel bands
Other people swear by it, but wasn't my luck. That's a long, skinny, whippy barrel being held in the breech by a rinky-dink set screw system. Breech itself isn't all that firmly attached to the gas tube, so even with added barrel retention, it still tends to shift around with minimal pressure. Could get some good groups, but they'd wander around from day to day.

September 21st, 2010, 10:36 pm #4

Drilled and tapped two more grub screw holes in the air tube portion of the barrel band to control the centering and firmly anchor the band to the air tube. Firm anchoring is morst importante.

Then toss out the grub screw for the barrel. Then simply center the barrel in the band and your free floating. Guess you could drill out the barrel hole a little to make more room. But do not eliminate the band - you do need it to avoid bending the barrel during normal handling.

Yes you can easily bend the barrel and in fact I had to bend mine a little to get it centered.