Benjamin .22 Cal Discovery - Takes A Couple Of Abert's Tree Squirrels.

Benjamin .22 Cal Discovery - Takes A Couple Of Abert's Tree Squirrels.

December 11th, 2010, 5:31 pm #1

REPOST FROM MAIN FORUM: I had a chance to hunt my Discovery today. Great little rifle, and a ton of fun to hunt with. Anyone interested in the whole story can view it herehttp://varmintair.typepad.com/varmintai ... els-1.html

[/IMG]
Last edited by VarmintAir on December 11th, 2010, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 11th, 2010, 6:28 pm #2

I followed your link, nice read! Those woods couldn't be any more different than what I'm used to, and that adds to the effect lol. And as always, nice shooting!

Vines

December 11th, 2010, 7:07 pm #3

REPOST FROM MAIN FORUM: I had a chance to hunt my Discovery today. Great little rifle, and a ton of fun to hunt with. Anyone interested in the whole story can view it herehttp://varmintair.typepad.com/varmintai ... els-1.html

[/IMG]
...of all on your site! Thanks for sharing!

Randy

December 11th, 2010, 8:18 pm #4

I followed your link, nice read! Those woods couldn't be any more different than what I'm used to, and that adds to the effect lol. And as always, nice shooting!

Vines
for a bit of hunting with my airguns. This is a much different environment that what I see you hunting in. Not better, or worse, just different. We both have developed techniques that allow us to be successful. I have some high dollar airguns, but I enjoy hunting with my Discovery occasionally, just to remind myself that one doesn't need a lot of money tied up in an airgun, to enjoy successfully hunting with one.

December 11th, 2010, 8:20 pm #5

...of all on your site! Thanks for sharing!

Randy
I have fun working on the site, and it's nice to know some people enjoy the effort. It's a fun addition to my airgunning hobby.

December 11th, 2010, 9:35 pm #6

...about the pleasure of producing a site that others can learn from, and enjoy.

About a decade ago I started what was one of the very first airgun hunting web sites. It was certainly ahead of any of the current sites I have found recently. The site name was, "Airgun Varmint Hunting". I had several section on the site with photos and how-to on hunting various game with an airgun. Also had sound files that auto loaded the sounds made by the species of animal (ground squirrels, chucks, Starlings, etc.) being hunted when the page was clicked. There was some technical sections showing how to build a spring compressor and some other things as well.

What turned out to be perhaps the most popular section of the site was the "Airgun Hunter Gallery". I invited other airgun hunters to send me photos of their hunts along with details and I posted them on the site. I had many pages of photos near the end of the sites life.

At some point I lost serious interest in airgunning and thus had no choice but to drop the site as I had lost the "heart" to keep up with it and maintain it.

All of this was early as the internet was evolving and places like You Tube and digital cameras were just coming about.

At any rate, I do remember the enjoyment my site, like your site, brings to folks in the hobby so be very proud of your contribution to the hobby/sport.

Randy

December 11th, 2010, 11:43 pm #7

is just part of the ebb and flow of life. I had the same thing happen to me with powder burners. Totally lost interest, and never looked back. Sounds like , at the time, you had one heck of a fun site. The technology available for doing this kind of thing now is truly amazing. Especially to a guy like me that grew up in the 40's and 50's. I can still remember my first transistor radio. It was amazing. There was no warm up time. Turn it on, and there was instant music. Pretty cool stuff at the time. LOL.

December 12th, 2010, 4:43 pm #8

I used to be so into my powder burners. I had custom varmint rifles and spent many hours in the garage reloading my ammo. I was nuts about accuracy and long range shooting. I would never have believed that I would lose interest in them. Now a few short years later 99.9% of my shooting is with airguns. My reloading gear is collecting dust and long range shooting means 75 yards. My only shooting with firearms now is practicing with my CCW.

December 12th, 2010, 5:58 pm #9

There is just something about the quiet finesse of hunting with an airgun, that I just can't get enough of. Very, very, challenging and fun to boot.

December 12th, 2010, 7:58 pm #10

I used to be so into my powder burners. I had custom varmint rifles and spent many hours in the garage reloading my ammo. I was nuts about accuracy and long range shooting. I would never have believed that I would lose interest in them. Now a few short years later 99.9% of my shooting is with airguns. My reloading gear is collecting dust and long range shooting means 75 yards. My only shooting with firearms now is practicing with my CCW.
Exactly (NT)